Boundary layer method in the problem of far propagation of surface SV-waves
- 28 Downloads
The SV polarized wave field is investigated in an elastic gradient layer of constant width. A point source is situated on the boundary of the layer. Rigid contact conditions are assumed to be valid on the boundary between the layer and an elastic half-space. It is shown that the interference field in the principal approximation far from the source does not depend on the relation between the phase velocity and the transversal and longitudinal velocities in the half-space. Bibliography: 11 titles.
KeywordsRussia Boundary Layer Point Source Phase Velocity Wave Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Stephens and B. L. Isacks, “Toward an understading of Sn: normal modes of Love waves in an oceanic structure,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Amer., 67, No. 1, 69–78 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Babich and N. Ya. Kirpichnikova, The Boundary-Layer Method in Diffraction Problems, Springer-Verlag (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Brehovskih, “Surface waves in a solid which are confined by the curvature of the boundary,” Akust. J. AN SSSR, 13, 541–555 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Muhina and I. A. Molotkov, “Propagation of Rayleigh waves in an elastic half-space which is inhomogeneous with respect to two coordinates,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. Zemli, No.4, 3–8 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.N. Ya. Kirpichnikova, “Propagation of surface waves concentrated near rays in an inhomogeneous elastic body of arbitrary shape,” Trudy Mat. Inst. Steklov, CXV, No. 1, 114–130 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Ya. Kirpichnikova and V. B. Philippov, “Behavior of surface waves at transition through a function line on the boundary of an elastic homogeneous isotropic body,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 230, 86–102 (1995).Google Scholar
- 11.N. Ya. Kirpichnikova, “Diffraction of surface SV-waves on the line of discontinuity of elastic parameters,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 342, 77–105 (2007).Google Scholar