Global Uniqueness and Solvability of Tensor Variational Inequalities
- 270 Downloads
In this paper, we consider a class of variational inequalities, where the involved function is the sum of an arbitrary given vector and a homogeneous polynomial defined by a tensor; we call it the tensor variational inequality. The tensor variational inequality is a natural extension of the affine variational inequality and the tensor complementarity problem. We show that a class of multi-person noncooperative games can be formulated as a tensor variational inequality. In particular, we investigate the global uniqueness and solvability of the tensor variational inequality. To this end, we first introduce two classes of structured tensors and discuss some related properties, and then, we show that the tensor variational inequality has the property of global uniqueness and solvability under some assumptions, which is different from the existing result for the general variational inequality.
KeywordsTensor variational inequality Global uniqueness and solvability Noncooperative game Strictly positive definite tensor Exceptionally family of elements
Mathematics Subject Classification90C33 90C30 65H10
The first author’s work is partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 71572125), the second author’s work is partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11431002), and the third author’s work is partially supported by the Hong Kong Research Grant Council (Grant Nos. PolyU 502111, 501212, 501913, and 15302114).
- 3.Lee, G.M., Tam, N.N., Yen, N.D.: Quadratic Programming and Affine Variational Inequalities: A Qualitative Study. Volume 78 of the Series Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Han, J.Y., Xiu, N.H., Qi, H.D.: Nonlinear Complementarity Theory and Algorithms. Shanghai Science and Technology Press, Shanghai (2006). (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 7.Song, Y., Qi, L.: Properties of tensor complementarity problem and some classes of structured tensors. arXiv:1412.0113v2 (2015)
- 10.Huang, Z.H., Suo, Y.Y., Wang, J.: On \(Q\)-tensors. Pac. J. Optim. (2016) (to appear) Google Scholar
- 11.Gowda, M.S., Luo, Z., Qi, L., Xiu, N.: \(Z\)-tensors and complementarity problems. arXiv:1510.07933v1 (2015)
- 16.Ding, W., Luo, Z., Qi, L.: \(P\)-tensors, \(P_0\)-tensors, and tensor complementarity problem. arXiv:1507.06731 (2015)
- 17.Yu, W., Ling, C., He, H.: On the properties of tensor complementarity problems. arXiv:1608.01735 (2016)