Angular-Dependent Vortex Pinning Properties of YBa2Cu3O7−δ /Y2O3 Quasi-Multilayers
- 171 Downloads
A series of quasi-multilayers of YBa2Cu3O7−δ (YBCO)/Y2O3 specifically 70 × (m YBCO/n Y2O3) were prepared on SrTiO3 single crystal using pulsed-laser deposition (PLD) with a controlled deposition pulses of m = 40 and n = 2, 5, and 10 for YBCO and Y2O3, respectively. The x-ray diffraction patterns indicate that all the present quasi-multilayers exhibit good c-axis orientation. The angular dependence of critical current density (J c ) on applied magnetic field directions are systemically measured to study the anisotropic vortex pinning performances for those quasi-multilayers. It is revealed that compared with the pure YBCO films, the quasi-multilayers with n = 2, i.e., a proper constituent pulse of Y2O3, exhibits the enhanced vortex pinning abilities in all angles between c-axis orientation and the applied magnetic field direction. As well, such a quasi-multilayer film (n = 2) shows the higher lift factor J c (Θ)/ J c (90°) and much better vortex pinning properties at high fields and high temperatures, showing promising potential for coated conductor application.
KeywordsYBCO Quasi-multilayer Angular-dependent
This work was supported in part by National Program on Key Basic Research Project (2016YFF0101701); the Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (16521108400, 16DZ0504300 and 14521102800); and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51572165 and 51202141).
- 10.Fang, Q., Li, M., Sun, M., Hu, X., Liu, Z., Lu, Y., et al.: Improvement of surface morphology and critical current density of YDy0.2Ba2Cu3.3O7−δ thick films by inserted RE2O3 thin films. Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, pp. 1–5 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, S., Sebastian, M. A., Gautam, B., Wilt, J., Haugan, T., Xing, Z., et al.: Enhancement of isotropic pinning force in YBCO films with BaZrO3 nanorods and Y2O 3 nanoparticles. IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 27, 1–5 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Matsumoto, K., Horide, T., Jha, A. K., Mele, P., Yoshida, Y., Awaji, S.: Irreversibility fields and critical current densities in strongly pinned YBa2Cu3O7−x films with artificial pinning centers. IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 25, 1–6 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.Cai, C., Hänisch, J., Hühne, R., Stehr, V., Mickel, C., Gemming, T., et al.: Structural and magnetotransport properties of YBa2Cu3O7−δ/Y 2O3 quasimultilayers. J. Appl. Phys. 98, 052503 (2005)Google Scholar
- 19.Kim, S.I., Gurevich, A., Song, X., Li, X., Zhang, W., Kodenkandath, T., et al.: Mechanisms of weak thickness dependence of the critical current density in strong pinning ex situ metal-organic-deposition route YBa2Cu3O7−x coated conductors. Supercond. Sci. Technol. 19, 1364–5 (2006)Google Scholar