Magnetic AC Loss of Monofilament Sr 0 . 6 K 0 . 4 Fe 2 As 2 /Ag Tape
- 53 Downloads
Measurements of magnetic AC losses in applied magnetic fields have been made on monofilament Sr0.6 K 0.4Fe2As2/Ag tape in the temperature range between 15 and 30 K. The magnetic AC losses are obtained by an M-H hysteresis loop-based method. That is, AC losses were determined from the area of the hysteresis loop measured using a vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM) under an externally applied cyclic field up to 7 T. Temperature dependence critical currents of the tapes are measured as a function of magnetic field up to 10 T. The experimental losses are compared with those based on the critical-state model and those based on the modified critical-state model. There is a good agreement with the second model over a wide field range. Also, measured AC losses with varying field ramp rate are compared with each other.
KeywordsMagnetic AC loss Iron-based superconductor
The authors thank Yanwei Ma’s group of Institute of Electrical Engineering for providing the Sr0.6K0.4Fe2As2 samples. Many thanks to Dr. Guole Liu for useful discussions. This work is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (Contract Nos. 51377155).
- 1.Kamihara, Y., et al.: Iron-based layered superconductor La [O1−x F x] FeAs (x = 0.05-0.12) with Tc = 26 K. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 3296 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Marianne, R., et al.: Superconductivity at 38 K in the iron arsenide (Ba1−x K x)Fe2As2. Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 107006 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ni, N., et al.: Anisotropic thermodynamic and transport properties of single-crystalline Ba1−x K xFe2As2 (x = 0 and 0.45). Phys. Rev. B 78, 014507 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, X., et al.: Very strong intrinsic flux pinning and vortex avalanches in (Ba, K)Fe2As2 superconducting single crystals. Phys. Rev. B 82, 024525 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Yamamoto, A., et al.: Small anisotropy, weak thermal fluctuations, and high field superconductivity in Co-doped iron pnictide Ba(Fe1−xCox)2As2. Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 062511 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, Q., Zhang, G., Jing, L., Zhu, Z., Yu, H., Yan, J., Liu, Z.: Quench behaviors of monofilament iron based Sr0.6 K 0.4Fe2As2 tape with Ag Sheath at different temperatures. IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 26, 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar