Zn3(BTC)2 as a Metal–Organic Framework and Effective Catalyst for the Regioselective β-Azidoalcohols and β-Thiocyanohydrins of Epoxides in Water
- 43 Downloads
In this research, Zn3(BTC)2 as a novel, metal–organic framework, biodegradable, and reusable heterogeneous nanoporous catalyst according to the aims of green chemistry was synthesized and characterized by scanning electron microscopy, energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, and FT-IR analysis. Then, Zn3(BTC)2 as a novel and full-fledged catalyst was used for the synthesis of β-azido alcohols and β-thiocyanohydrins from the regioselective conversation of some epoxides by sodium azide (NaN3) and thiocyanate (SCN) anion in aqueous. The some advantages of this method are as follows: work-up procedure, excellent regioselectivity, an environmentally benign, mild reaction conditions, and recyclability of the catalyst without loosing its activity.
We report the synthesis of Zn3(BTC)2 as metal–organic framework, biodegradable, and reusable heterogeneous nanoporous catalyst for the synthesis of β-azido alcohols and β-thiocyano hydrins. Zn3(BTC)2 showed excellent activity for ring opening of epoxides in water.
KeywordsZn3(BTC)2 Ring opening Sodium azide Thiocyanate Metal–organic framework
We are thankful to Payame Noor University of Ilam, Iran, for the partial support of this work.
- 9.M. Bilal Tahir, S. Hajra, N.R. Khalid, M. Rizwan, G.N. Watto, J. Inorg. Organomet. Polym. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10904-017-0690-x
- 15.F. Song, C. Wang, J.M. Falkowski, L. Ma, W. Lin, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 132, 1530 (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.F. Fringuelli, O. Piermatti, F. Pizzo, Trends Org. Chem. 6, 181 (1997)Google Scholar
- 21.D.M. Coe, P.L. Myers, D.M. Parry, S.M. Roberts, R.J. Storer, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. 151 (1990)Google Scholar
- 24.E.F.V. Scriveni, K. Turnbull, Chem. Rev. 88, 27 (1988)Google Scholar
- 42.S. Rezayati, S. Sajjadifar, J. Sci. Islam Repub. Iran 25, 329 (2014)Google Scholar
- 43.S. Rezayati, S. Sajjadifar, R. Hajinasiri, Iran. J. Sci. Technol. Trans. Sci. 39A2, 179 (2015)Google Scholar