Generalized Nonlinear Lagrangian Formulation for Bounded Integer Programming
- 71 Downloads
Several nonlinear Lagrangian formulations have been recently proposed for bounded integer programming problems. While possessing an asymptotic strong duality property, these formulations offer a success guarantee for the identification of an optimal primal solution via a dual search. Investigating common features of nonlinear Lagrangian formulations in constructing a nonlinear support for nonconvex piecewise constant perturbation function, this paper proposes a generalized nonlinear Lagrangian formulation of which many existing nonlinear Lagrangian formulations become special cases.
Keywordsduality gap integer programming Lagrangian relaxation nonlinear integer programming nonlinear Lagrangian formulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bell, D.E., Shapiro, J.F. 1977A convergent duality theory for integer programmingOperations Research25419434Google Scholar
- 2.Fisher, M.L. 1981The Lagrangian relaxation method for solving integer programming problemsManagement Sciences27118Google Scholar
- 3.Geoffirion, A.M. 1974Lagrangian relaxation for integer programmingMathematical Programming Studies282114Google Scholar
- 7.Parker, R.G., Rardin, R.L. 1988Discrete OptimizationAcademic PressBostonGoogle Scholar
- 8.Shapiro, J.F. 1979A survey of Lagrangian techniques for discrete optimizationAnnals of Discrete Mathematics5113138Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, X.Q. and Goh, C.J. (2001), A nonlinear Lagrangian function for discrete optimization problems, In:Proceedings of the Workshop “From Local to Global Optimization”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht pp. 291–304.Google Scholar