Experimental Study and a Mathematical Model of the Processes in Frozen Soil Under a Reservoir with a Hot Heat-Transfer Agent
- 12 Downloads
On an experimental setup, the authors have measured temperature fields in frozen soil during the filling of a reservoir with hot heat-transfer agent (oil), and also the change in the shape and position of the front of ice melting (isotherms T = 0°C) with time. The approximate solution of a two-dimensional Stefan problem on thawing of frozen soil has been given; it has been shown that satisfactory agreement with experimental results can only be obtained with account taken of the convective transfer of heat due to the water motion in the region of thawed soil.
KeywordsStefan problem convective transfer of heat hot reservoir temperature field thawing front frozen soil
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. B. Shabarov and A. A. Kislitsyn, Regional problems of thermophysics and mechanics of multiphase systems, Vestn. Tyumensk. Gos. Univ., No. 3, 131–137 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Kislitsyn and A. B. Shabarov, Place and role of the Physical Department of Tyumen State University in training staff and personnel and solving science-intensive problems of the oil and gas complex, Vestn. Tyumensk. Gos. Univ., No. 3, 190–194 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.Standard of the Organization STO 02494680-0044-2008. Vertical Cylindrical Steel Reservoirs for Storage of Liquid Products. Rules of Strength, Stability, and Air-Tightness Testing [in Russian], ZAO "Tsentral′nyi ordena Trud. Krasn. Znameni nauchno-issled. i proektnyi institut stroit. metallokonstruktsii im. N. P. Mel′nikova," Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Bakhmat, A. A. Kislitsyn, and U. Yu. Shastunova, Thermal regime of hydraulic testing of a vertical steel reservoir of volume 20,000 m3, Vestn. Tyumensk. Gos. Univ., Fiziko-Mat. Modelirov., Neft′, Gaz, Énergetika, 1, No. 7, 64–72 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Kislitsyn and U. Yu. Shastunova, Experimental and theoretical study of the process of thawing of frozen soil under the oil storage, Vestn. Tyumensk. Gos. Univ., Fiziko-Mat. Modelirov., Neft′, Gaz, Énergetika, 1, No. 4, 15–25 (2015).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Luikov, Heat Conduction Theory [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Kislitsyn, Fundamentals of Thermophysics: Lectures and Seminars [in Russian], Izd. Tyumensk. Gos. Univ., Tyumen′ (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Kislitsyn and A. V. Morar, Solution by the frontal method of a two-dimensional problem on evaporation of a metallic cone under the action of high-power radiation, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., 15, No. 5, 1030–1033 (1976).Google Scholar