Engineering Analysis of Thermal-Load Components in the Process of Heating of Pet Preforms
The influence of thermal-load components (convection, collimated and uncollimated components of infrared radiation) in the process of production of PET packaging on the heating of PET preforms has been assessed. It has been established that the collimated component of infrared radiation ensures most (up to 70%) of the thermal energy in the process of heating of a PET preform.
Keywordspolyethylene therephthalate preform convection thermal load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. H. Huang, R. Kothamasu, Y. C. Shiralkar, and D. Bogstad, Prediction of plastic preform temperature profile and modeling perspective, Int. J. Manufactur. Sci. Technol., 4, No. 2, 56–83 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.N. A. Rubtsov and S. D. Sleptsov, Analysis of the properties of thermal radiation of axisymmetric translucent systems with permeable boundaries, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 15, No. 4, 711–719 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Timofeev, Radiative heating of a semitransparent medium, Vestn. Sev.-Vost. Fed. Univ. im. M. K. Ammosova, 9, No. 3, 34–38 (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Tsygvintsev, A. Yu. Krukovskii, and V. G. Novikov, Comparison of Different Methods to Calculate the Transfer of Radiation for Three-Dimensional Problems, Preprint IPM im. M. V. Keldysha, No. 48 (2014); http://library.keldysh.ru/preprint.asp?id=2014-48.
- 6.C. P. O′Connor, P. J. Martin, J. Sweeney, G. Menary, P. Caton-Rose, and P. E. Spencer, Simulation of the plug-assisted thermoforming of polypropylene using a large strain thermally coupled constitutive model, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 213, Issue 9, 1588–1600 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.Z. J. Yang, E. Harkin-Jones, G. H. Menary, and C. G. Armstrong, Coupled temperature–displacement modelling of injection stretch-blow moulding of PET bottles using Buckley model, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 153–154, 20–27 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Monteix, F. Schmidt, Y. Le Maoult, R. Ben Yedder, R. W. Diraddo, and D. Laroche, Experimental study and numerical simulation of preform or sheet exposed to infrared radiative heating, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 119, Issues 1–3, 90–97 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.Awaja Firas and Pavel Dumitru, Injection stretch blow moulding process of reactive extruded recycled PET and virgin PET blends, Eur. Polym. J., 41, Issue 11, 2614–2634 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.B. V. Petukhov, Polyester Fibers [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Kh. Kuptsov and G. A. Zhizhin, Fourier Raman and Fourier IR Spectra of Polymers [in Russian], Tekhnosfera, Moscow (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.D. V. Kochran, S. D. Chekh, N. E. Morgan, and D. F. Ross, Method of Treatment by Infrared Laser Radiation with an Assigned Wavelength and a System Intended for It, RF Patent No. 2430832. В29 С49/64. Published 10.10.2011, Byull. No. 28.Google Scholar
- 13.D. E. Sidorov, A. E. Kolosov, O. V. Pogorelyi, and A. A. Gur′eva, Engineering approach to the determination of the radiation field of a polyethyleneterephthalate (PET) medium under radiant heating, J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 88, Issue 6, 1409–1415 (2015).Google Scholar
- 14.N. M. Belyaev, Principles of Heat Transfer [in Russian], Vishcha Shkola, Kiev (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.Preforms (Workpieces) for Polyethylene-Phthalate Packaging, Specifications of Ukraine 25.2-31617387-002:2009.Google Scholar
- 16.Production of PET Containers ECS–XFORM–SFR–SFL, SIPA Zoopa Industry; http://www.sipa.it/fi les/page/C02_r0_13_PET.ru_1.