Integral Method of Boundary Characteristics: Neumann Condition
A new algorithm, based on systems of identical equalities with integral and differential boundary characteristics, is proposed for solving boundary-value problems on the heat conduction in bodies canonical in shape at a Neumann boundary condition. Results of a numerical analysis of the accuracy of solving heat-conduction problems with variable boundary conditions with the use of this algorithm are presented. The solutions obtained with it can be considered as exact because their errors comprise hundredths and ten-thousandths of a persent for a wide range of change in the parameters of a problem.
Keywordsheat-conduction equation integral method of heat balance thermal-disturbance front
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. R. Goodman, Application of integral methods to transient nonlinear heat transfer, Adv. Heat Transf., Academic Press, New York (1964), Vol. 1, pp. 51–122.Google Scholar
- 7.T. R. Goodman, The heat-balance integral — further considerations and refinements, Trans. ASME, Ser. C, No. 1, 83–93 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.F. M. Fedorov, Boundary Method for Solving Applied Problems of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.E. V. Stefanyuk, Additional Boundary Conditions in Boundary-Value Heat-Conduction Problems [in Russian], Samara State Tech. Univ., Samara (2004).Google Scholar
- 13.H. S. Carslow and J. C. Jaeger, Conduction of Heat in Solids, 2nd edn., Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK (1992).Google Scholar
- 14.G. D. Gureev and M. D. Gureev, Influence of the time form of a laser pulse on the change in the surface temperature at the heating stage, Vestn. Samarsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., Ser.: Fiz.-Mat. Nauk, No. 1 (16), 130–135 (2008).Google Scholar
- 15.N. N. Rykalin, Calculations of Thermal Processes in Welding [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1951).Google Scholar