Hydraulic Resistance to a Water Flow in Tubes with Twisted Ribbed Strips
- 17 Downloads
Results of experimental investigations of the hydraulic resistance to a water flow in tubes with twisted ribbed strips are presented. Ribs were positioned discretely on the surface of these strips at an angle to their axis. The strips were turned through 180° with a relative twist of 2.5 and 4. The ribs had a height of 0.5–1.5 mm and were positioned with a step of 40–120 mm. The angle of positioning of ribs relative to the axis of a strip was varied from 40 to 50°. General relations for calculating the hydraulic-resistance coefficient of the indicated tubes at Re = 8000–100,000 have been obtained.
Keywordshydraulic resistance swirling flow twisted ribbed strip
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. K. Kalinin, G. A. Dreitser, and I. Z. Kopp, Effective Heat-Exchange Surfaces [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.G. K. Il’in, S. É. Tarasevich, A. V. Shchelchkov, and A. B. Yakovlev, Heat transfer in rough tubes with an inserted twisted tape, Heat Transf. Res., 41, No. 1, 21–32 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.V. K. Shchukin, Heat Exchange and Hydrodynamics of the Inner Flows in Fields of Mass Forces [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Bas and V. Ozceyhan, Heat transfer enhancement in a tube with twisted tape inserts placed separatelly from the tube wall, J. Exp. Therm. Fluid Sci., No. 41, 51–58 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Eiamsa-ard and P. Promvonge, Performance assessment in a heat exchanger tube with alternate clockwise and counterclockwise twisted-tape inserts, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf., No. 53, 1364–1372 (2010).Google Scholar
- 11.P. Murugesan, K. Mayilsamy, and S. Suresh, Heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics in a circular tube fitted with and without V-cut twisted tape insert, J. Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transf., No. 38, 329–334 (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.S. Eiamsa-ard, K. Wongcharee, P. Eiamsa-ard, and C. Thinpong, Heat transfer enhancement in a tube using delta-winglet twisted tape inserts, J. Appl. Therm. Eng., No. 30, 310–318 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.S. É. Tarasevich, A. V. Shishkin, and A. B. Yakovlev, Heat transfer in a flow of the R134a cooling agent in tubes with different twisted strips, Vestn. Kazan. Nats. Issled. Tekh. Univ. im. A. N. Tupoleva, No. 4, 25–30 (2015).Google Scholar
- 15.M. Kh. Ibragimov, E. V. Nomofilov, and V. I. Subbotin, Heat transfer and hydraulic resistance of a tube in the case of swirling liquid flow in it, Teploénergetika, 7, No. 8, 57–60 (1961).Google Scholar