Aerodynamic Resistance of a Ball-Tube Mill During Transport of a Polydisperse Coal Gas Suspension
- 11 Downloads
Analysis of experimental data on aerodynamic resistance of a ball-tube mill is given. It is shown that this resistance has two components brought about by the pressure losses resulting from the injection of dust particles into the main flow after coal grinding and from the transport of homogeneous gas suspension flow. A dimensionless equation has been obtained for the dependence of the pressure loss in flow of a homogeneous dust–air mixture on Reynolds number. Functional dependences of the mean-square velocity of the floating of coal particles and of their average diameter on the polydispersity parameters of coal dust have been found. An empirical dependence of pressure loss due to the injection of a polydisperse coal gas suspension into the main flow on the average velocity of floating of coal particles, their average size, and on the size of the mill has been obtained.
Keywordsball-tube mill aerodynamic resistance gas suspension coal dust grinding floating velocity pressure loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Sokolov and M. L. Kissel′gof (Eds.), Calculation and Design of Coal Pulverizing Plants. Normative materials [in Russian], ONTI TsKTI, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.G. T. Levit, Coal Pulverization at Thermal Power Plants [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.S. D. Ivanov, A. N. Kudryashov, and V. V. Oshchepkov, Determination of the parameters of the aerodynamic resistance of the equipment elements of the coal pulverization systems of boiler units from experimental data, Vestn. Irkutsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., No. 2 (97), 199–206 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Elizarov and V. P. Sennov, Report on Thermal Testing of the TP-81 Boiler of the Coal Pulverization System 5A of the Irkutsk Thermal Power Station 9 [in Russian], RÉU "Irkutskénergo," Irkutsk (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Elizarov, B. A. Aleksandrov, and V. B. Aleksandrov, Report on Thermal Testing of the RK-24 Boiler of System 7 of the Irkutsk Thermal Power Station 10 in Firing Azeisk Coal [in Russian], RÉU "Irkutskénergo," Irkutsk (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Sukomel, F. F. Tsvetkov, and R. V. Kerimov, Heat Transfer and Hydraulic Resistance during Gas Suspension Motion in Pipes [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Weber and U. Stegmaier, Particle-laden gas flows, in: B. S. Petukhov and V. K. Shikov (Eds.), A Handbook on Heat Exchangers [Russian translation], Vol. 1. Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Reznikov and Yu. M. Lipov, Steam Boilers of Thermal Power Stations [in Russian], Énergoizdat, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar