Analysis of the temperature distribution in the explosion of a methane/air mixture in a tunnel
The aim of this work is to investigate temperature distribution in methane/air mixture explosion near a wall of a tunnel by numerical simulation. The results obtained on the basis of the hypothesis of an adiabatic wall are compared with those for a nonadiabatic wall. It is shown that the temperature near the wall in explosion of methane/air mixtures in tunnels changes abruptly. The hypothesis of an adiabatic wall leads to a great error in the calculated temperature near the wall. If heat conduction in the wall is ignored, the temperatures at various locations of a section are almost equal, whereas the measured temperatures on the vessel wall are always lower than those calculated on the basis of the hypothesis mentioned. However, when it is necessary to find the temperatures in the field outside the range near the wall, heat conduction in it can be ignored.
Keywordsmethane/air mixtures temperature of explosion numerical simulation adiabatic wall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. Daniau, M. Bouchez, O. Herbinet, P.-M. Marquaire, N. Gascoin, and P. Gillard, Fuel reforming for scramjet thermal management and combustion optimization, in: A Collection Tech. Papers — 13th AIAA/CIRA Int. Space Planes Hypersonic Syst. Technol. Conf. 3 (2005), pp. 1799–1807.Google Scholar
- 4.O. Kalejaiye, P. R. Amyotte, M. J. Pegg, and K. L. Cashdollar., Effectiveness of dust dispersion in the 20-L Siwek chamber, J. Loss Prev. Process Ind., 23, 46–59 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Wolanski, C. W. Kauffman, M. Sichel, and J. A. Nicholls, Detonation of methane–air mixtures, in: Proc. 18th Symp. Int. Combust. (1981), pp. 1651–1660.Google Scholar
- 15.J. Z. Xiao, Z. W. Song, and F. Zhang, Experimental study on the coefficient of thermal conductivity for concrete and analysis, J. Constr. Mater. [in Chinese], 13, 17–21 (2010).Google Scholar
- 16.H. P. Sun, Y. S. Yuan, J. H. Jiang, and J. Y. Cheng, Experimental study on the change rule of coefficient for concrete, Concrete [in Chinese], No. 5, 59–61 (2009).Google Scholar
- 17.D. M. Jiang, Combustion in Engine [in Chinese], Xi’an Jiao Tong Univ. Press, Xi’an (2002).Google Scholar