Investigation of the action of a transverse flow on injected normally vertical elevated low-head jets
The action of a turbulent air flow on injected normally vertical elevated low-head axisymmetric jets has been investigated experimentally. Empirical formulas have been obtained for the geometry of the axes of isothermal and slightly nonisothermal jets and for dimensionless velocities and temperatures in their cross sections. It has been shown that the above jets are of a higher ejection ability in the transverse flow than submerged jets and wakes.
Keywordsjet flow jet axis velocity and temperature profiles
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. A. Girshovich, Turbulent Jets in a Transverse Flow [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.K. G. Dobrosel’skii, Geometry of a low-head jet in a transverse air flow, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 8, No. 2, 199–203 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.K. G. Dobrosel’skii, Vertical low-head jet in a transverse flow, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 78, No. 6, 143–147 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Abramovich, S. Yu. Krasheninnikov, A. N. Sekundov, and I. P. Smirnova, Turbulent Mixing of Gas Jets [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.G. N. Abramovich, T. A. Girshovich, S. Yu. Krasheninnikov, et al., Theory of Turbulent Jets [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.K. G. Dobrosel’skii, Dynamic and thermal characteristics of a jet injected along the normal to a transverse flow, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 11, No. 1, 79–86 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.G. N. Abramovich, Theory of Turbulent Jets [in Russian], Fizmatiz, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.A. J. Reynolds, Turbulent Flows in Engineering [Russian translation], Énergiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.I. B. Palatnik and D. Zh. Temirbaev, Laws governing the propagation of an axisymmetric air jet in a stalling homogeneous flow, in: Problems of Heat Power Engineering and of Applied Thermophysics, Issue 4, Alma-Ata (1967), pp. 68–82.Google Scholar