Modulation of sound oscillations in a field with dissimilar sources of hydrodynamic perturbations
Sound oscillations in the near field of the open working sections of two different wind tunnels are investigated. It was established by measuring the spectra of pressure fluctuations that the amplitude modulation of oscillations and the formation of their packets are typical of the cases considered. A more complete picture of the transient regime of flow in the mixing layer of a free jet in the working section of a wind tunnel is obtained. The well-known results of natural observations at the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric station are interpreted.
Keywordsauto-oscillations acoustic radiation wind tunnel Tollmien–Schlichting waves hydroacoustic resonance infrasound modulation self-excitation noise meter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. P. Strelkov, G. A. Bendrikov, and N. A. Smirnov, Pulsations in wind tunnels and means of damping them, Tr. TsAGI, No. 593, 1–56 (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Vishnyakov and A. G. Prozorov, Excitation of velocity fluctuations and noise in a wind tunnel, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 165–172 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Zosimov, Acoustic method of controlling velocity and pressure fluctuations in wind tunnels with an open working section, Tr. TsAGI, Issue 2292, 1–38 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.S. É. Khaikin, Physical Principles of Mechanics [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (1963), P. 772.Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. S. Kachanov, V. V. Kozlov, and V. A. Levchenko, Origination of Turbulence in a Boundary Layer [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1982), P. 152.Google Scholar
- 6.V. Kh. Arm, L. V. Okulov, and I. M. Pylev, Instability of the pressure systems of hydraulic energy blocks, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Énergetika, No. 3, 122–132 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Bryzgalov, From Experience of Creation and Mastering of Krasnoyarskaya and Sayano-Shushenskaya Hydroelectric Power Plants [in Russian], Sibirskii Izd. Dom “Surikov,” Krasnoyarsk (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.R. K. Karavosov and A. G. Prozorov, Nonordinary excitation of hydroacoustic resonance in the hydroturbine circuit of the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric power plant, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 84, No. 3, 540–543 (2011).Google Scholar