Effect of the occupation of Pb and Ti sites on the structural, microstructural and dielectric properties of Y-doped PbTiO3 samples
- 17 Downloads
Pb1−xYxTiO3 and PbYxTi1−xO3 (x = 0, 2, 5, 8 and 10%) samples were produced using the sol gel process, and their structural, microstructural and dielectric properties investigated. X-ray diffraction results show that a relatively low temperature of calcination of the undoped sample was sufficient to obtain the pure tetragonal structure without the presence of any secondary phases, and that Y3+ ions may occupy both Pb and Ti sites in the PbTiO3 matrix. As a result of doping with Y3+ ions into both Pb and Ti-sites, a strong reduction of the grain size of the undoped sample was revealed by Scanning Electron Microscopy analysis. Relatively high values of the dielectric permittivity were obtained under doping with Y into Ti-sites compared to those recorded under doping into Pb-sites as revealed by dielectric measurements. These values are higher in the case of low Y3+ content. Moreover, dielectric measurements showed that the samples approach their frequency resonance, the latter depending on the temperature.
- 3.T. Takahashi, Lead titanate ceramic with large piezoelectric anisotropy and their applications. Ceram. Bull. 69, 691–695 (1990)Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Guaaybess, L. Zerhouni, E. El Moussafir, A. Laaraj, R. Adhiri, M. Moussetad, Effect of Ce and La substitution on dielectric properties of lead titanate ceramics. J. Mater. Environ. Sci. 6(12), 3491–3495 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.B. Jaffe, W. Cook, H. Jaffe, Piezoelectric Ceramics (Academic Press, London, 1971)Google Scholar
- 17.H. Takeuchi, S. Jyomura, E. Yamamoto, Y. Ito, J.I. Acoust, Soc. Am. 72(4), 1114–1120 (1982)Google Scholar
- 21.K.R. Han, H.J. Koo, M.-J. Hong, C.S. Lin, J. Am. Soc. 83(4), 97 (2000)Google Scholar