Rice-like Ag/Al2O3 nanocomposites preparation from AlOOH nanostructures synthesized via a facile hydrothermal route for azo dyes photocatalytic degradation and Pb2+ adsorption
- 61 Downloads
Herein, various morphologies of AlOOH (boehmite) nanostructures were successfully synthesized via a facile hydrothermal route. The obtained AlOOH nanostructures were utilized as a novel starting reagent with AgNO3 and cochineal powder for synthesizing Ag–Al2O3 nanocomposites via a thermal decomposition method. The prepared nanocomposites were applied as photocatalyst for decolorization of acid violet 7 as an azo dye under visible light irradiation. The results showed the rice-like sample (A3) has the highest photodegradation efficiency due to its more surface to volume ratio. Moreover, the synthesized AlOOH nanostructures were directly calcined to transform into rice-like Al2O3 nanostructures as an adsorbent for Pb2+ ions removing from aqueous medium. The rice-like Al2O3 (sample B3) as an adsorbent showed a remarkable adsorption capacity (250 mg/g) compared to other samples with different morphologies.
This work was supported by the Applied Biotechnology Research Center, Baqiyatallah University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran.
- 2.M.T. Taghizadeh, F. Nejhad-babaie Kheljan, M. Vatanparast, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 978 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.M. Vatanparast, M.T. Taghizadeh, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 54 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.R. Al-Bayer, A. Zihlif, B. Lahlouh, Z. Elimat, G. Ragosta, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 2866 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.B.E. Yoldas, A transparent porous alumina. Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 54, 286 (1975)Google Scholar
- 27.S.M. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, A. Sadeghinia, Z. Zarghami, K. Motevalli, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 365 (2016)Google Scholar
- 28.M. Goudarzi, Z. Zarghami, M. Salavati-Niasari, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 9789 (2016)Google Scholar
- 29.M. Ebadi, K. Motevalli, M. Ebadi, Z. Salehi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 13024 (2017)Google Scholar
- 30.Z. Zarghami, M. Ramezani, M. Maddahfar, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26, 5884 (2015)Google Scholar