Gamma radiation induced nickel oxide/reduced graphene oxide nanoflowers for improved dye-sensitized solar cells
- 25 Downloads
Gamma radiation (γ) exposure was used in dye-sensitised solar cell application to improve the power conversion efficiency. Nickel oxide/reduced graphene oxide (NiO/rGO) as the photoanode layer was prepared by chemical bath deposition method. The NiO/rGO samples were used as the control to analyse the NiO/rGO exposed to γ (NiO/rGO-γ). XRD, FESEM and UV–Vis measurement were conducted to study the structure, morphology and the optical analysis of the samples. NiO/rGO-γ nanoflowers were observed through FESEM images with improved morphology. The porosity of the thin films was also increased after the exposure of γ radiation. The increased energy band gap of NiO/rGO-γ annealed at 400 °C exhibited higher power conversion efficiency of 1.03% with J sc , V oc anf FF of 29 mA/cm2, 0.15 and 0.3 V, respectively.
This work was supported by Exploratory Research Grants Scheme (ERGS/1/2013/TK07/UKM/03/2) and Photonic Technology Laboratory, Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.
- 4.K. Ali, S.A. Khan, M.Z. MatJafri, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 8, 7831 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.H. Abdullah, S. Mahalingam, M. Ahmad, I. Asshaari, N. Amin, I. Yahya, B. Yuliarto, Malaysian J. Catal. 3, 25 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.D.M. Tobnaghi, A. Rahnamaei, M. Vajdi, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 9, 2824 (2014)Google Scholar
- 22.S. Bucak, D. Rende, Colloid and Surface Chemistry: A Laboratory Guide for Exploration of the NanoWorld (CRC Press, New York, 2013), pp. 78–80Google Scholar
- 29.A. Hamadanian, M. Gravand, V. Farangi, Jabbari, in Proceedings of the 5th Symposiumon Advances in Science and Technology, Mashad, Iran, 2011Google Scholar
- 34.V.S. Senthil Srinivasan, M.K. Patra, V.S. Choudhary, A. Pandya, J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 9, 3725 (2007)Google Scholar