Synthesis and dielectric properties of a new Mg2CeNbO6.5 ceramic system at microwave frequencies
New microwave dielectric ceramics Mg2CeNbO6.5 were synthesized by solid-state method. The phase, crystal structure, micro-structures and microwave dielectric properties of Mg2CeNbO6.5 ceramics had been investigated in the sintering temperature range of 1225–1325 °C. Two phases were detected by the X-ray diffraction patterns, including the main crystalline phase of CeO2 and the second phase of Mg4Nb2O9. Well-developed microstructures of the well-dense samples were obtained for samples sintered at 1225–1325 °C. As sintering temperature increased, the τ f values were stable, however, the significant change in the ɛr values and Q × f values were observed. At 1275 °C, the obtained Mg2CeNbO6.5 ceramics had promising excellent microwave dielectric properties: εr = 15.38, Q × f = 17,300 GHz and τ f = − 49.71 ppm/°C.
This work is supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China under Grant No. 2015XKQY13 and sponsored by Qing Lan Project.
- 1.W. Xia, L. Zhang, Y. Wang, S. Jin, Y. Xu, Z. Zuo, L. Shi, Extrinsic effects on microwave dielectric properties of high-Q MgZrTa2O8 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 11325–11330 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.W. Xia, L. Zhang, Y. Wang, J. Zhang, R. Feng, L. Shi, Optimized sintering properties and temperature stability of MgZrTa2O8 ceramics with CuO addition for microwave application. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 18437–18441 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.H. Wang, B. Li, H. Lin, L. Luo, Effects of MgO on crystallization and microwave dielectric properties of MgO-Al2O3-SiO2-TiO2-CeO2 glass-ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 2860–2865 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.H. Wu, G. Wu, Y. Ren, X. Li, L. Wang, Multishelled metal oxide hollow spheres: easy synthesis and formation mechanism. Chem. Eur. J. 22, 886–8871 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Z. Fang, B. Tang, F. Si, S. Zhang, Influence of CeO2 on microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of Na1/2Sm1/2TiO3 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 1913–1919 (2016)Google Scholar