The effects of quenching on electrical properties, and leakage behaviors of 0.67BiFeO3–0.33BaTiO3 solid solutions
- 59 Downloads
Ferroelectric solid solutions of 0.67BiFeO3–0.33BaTiO3 were prepared by a Pechini method followed by quenching process. The XRD results indicate that both the furnace-cooled and water-quenched samples are consist of rhombohedral and tetragonal phases. SEM images show that the quenching process does not change the microstructure of 0.67BiFeO3–0.33BaTiO3 solid solutions. The quenched sample exhibits well-defined P–E hysteresis loop with remnant polarization of 23 µC/cm2 at room temperature. The leakage mechanism of the furnace-cooled sample is Ohmic conduction mechanism, whereas the leakage mechanism of water-quenched sample is predominated by field-assisted ionic conduction at room-temperature and 50 °C and then changes to three different conduction mechanisms at 100 °C.
This work was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2017YFA0403502) and Key Research Program of Frontier Sciences, CAS (QYZDB-SSW-SLH015).
- 11.W.J. Huang, J. Yang, Y.F. Qin, P. Xiong, D. Wang, L.H. Yin, X.W. Tang, W.H. Song, P. Tong, X.B. Zhu, Y.P. Sun, Room temperature multiferrocity and magnetodielectric properties of ternary (1–x) (0.94Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3-0.06BaTiO3)-xBiFeO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.9) solid solutions. Appl. Phys. Lett. 111, 112902 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Y.X. Wei, X.T. Wang, J.T. Zhu, X.L. Wang, J.J. Jia, Dielectric, ferroelectric, and piezoelectric properties of BiFeO3-BaTiO3 ceramics. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 96, 3163–3168 (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.J. Chen, J.L. Wang, H.Y. Dai, T. li, Z.P. Chen, Investigations on the structure, defects, electrical and magnetic properties of Ni-substituted BiFeO3 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 11151–11157 (2016)Google Scholar
- 26.P.J. Harrop, Dielectrics. (Butterworths, London, 1972)Google Scholar
- 33.N. Kumar, A. Shukla, R.N.P. Choudhary, Structural, electrical and magnetic characteristics of Ni/Ti modified BiFeO3 lead free multiferroic material. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 6673–6684 (2017)Google Scholar