Synthesis and luminescent characteristics of green-emitting (Sr1−xM x )2SiO4:Tb3+ (M = Ba, Ca) phosphors
- 63 Downloads
A series of green-emitting Tb3+-doped Sr2SiO4 phosphors, (Sr1−xMx)2SiO4:Tb3+ (M = Ba, Ca), were synthesized by high-temperature solid-state reaction method. The luminescence properties of Ca2+/Ba2+ partially substituted Sr2SiO4:Tb3+ phosphors were investigated in detail by emission–excitation spectra, diffuse reflection spectra and temperature dependence spectra. The results showed that under UV excitation at 282 nm, all samples exhibited an intense green emission due to the 5D4 → 7FJ (J = 6, 5, 4, and 3) transitions of Tb3+. The luminescence intensity of Sr2SiO4:Tb3+ phosphors was improved to some degree for Ca2+/Ba2+ addition, particularly the addition of Ca2+ ion, and the optimum content was 15%. Energy band (E g ) of the obtained phosphors was also calculated to explain the mechanisms of fluorescent enhancement. Furthermore, (Sr0.85Ca0.15)2SiO4:Tb3+ showed a good thermal stability, which demonstrated that it should be a potential green phosphor for white LEDs.
The authors acknowledge the generous financial support received from the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD), the Top-notch Academic Programs Project of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (TAPP, PPZY2015B128) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51202111).
- 10.H. He, R. Fu, X. Zhang, X. Song, X. Zhao, Z. Pan, Photoluminescence spectra tuning of Eu2+ activated orthosilicate phosphors used for white light emitting diodes. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 20, 433–438 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.X.J. Yang, B. Zhang, T. Xu, L.X. Wang, J.L. Shen, Q.T. Zhang, Enhanced luminescent intensity of Sr2SiO4:Tb3+ phosphors by charge compensation (Li+) addition. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 9448–9453 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.G.M. Qiu, C.K. Xu, C. Huang, Preparation and luminescent properties of a green Ca2SnO4: Tb3+ phosphor. Spectrosc. Spectr. Anal. 31, 2906–2909 (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.S.L. Chang, S.L. Li, Y.H. Kan, S.H. Wang, Synthesis and luminescent properties of Ce3+, Tb3+ Co-doped Zn4B6O13. J. Rare Earth 20, 606–610 (2002)Google Scholar
- 22.K.A. Denault, J. Brgoch, M.W. Gaultois, A. Mikhailovsky, R. Petry, H. Winkler, S.P. DenBaars, R. Seshadri, Consequences of optimal bond valence on structural rigidity and improved luminescence properties in SrxBa2-xSiO4:Eu2+ orthosilicate phosphors. Chem. Mater. 26, 2275–2282 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.C.J. Shilpa, N. Dhananjaya, H. Nagabhushana, S.C. Sharma, C. Shivakumara, K.H. Sudheerkumar, B.M. Nagabhushana, R.P.S. Chakradhar, Gd1.96-xYxEu0.04O3 (x = 0.0, 0.49, 0.98, 1.47, 1.96 mol%) nanophosphors: propellant combustion synthesis, structural and luminescence studies. Spectrochim. Acta A 128, 730–739 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar