The effect of different dwell times in the ball milling process on the superconducting properties of Bi1.8Sr2Ca1.1Cu2.1Oy (Bi-2212) ceramics
- 215 Downloads
In this paper, the effect of the applied different dwell times (1, 4, and 8 h) during ball-milling on the basic properties of Bi-2212 ceramics has been investigated. Bi1.8Sr2Ca1.1Cu2.1Oy was selected as the initial composition to obtain the high amount of Bi-2212 phase. All samples have been prepared by the conventional solid state reaction method. It has been observed that increasing dwell time negatively affected the superconducting properties of Bi-2212 samples because of the formation of structures with weak grain links. The magnetic properties of samples were determined from the magnetic hysteresis loops (M-H) between \(\pm\) 2 T at 10 K, showing that the width of M-H loops has been significantly decreased with increasing dwell time. In addition, the magnetic critical current densities (Jc) of the samples were calculated from their magnetic hysteresis loops using the Bean’s model. The highest value of Jc has been observed in the sample exposed to dwell time of 1 h.
All samples have been prepared in the MEİTAM Central Laboratory in Mersin University in Turkey. Both SEM and XRD measurements have been made in the MEİTAM Central Laboratory in Mersin University. Other measurements in this study have been made in the METU Central Laboratory in Middle East Technical University in Ankara in Turkey.
- 3.P. Chowdhuri, C. Pallem, J.A. Demko, M.J. Gouge, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 15, (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Sedky, W. Al-Battat, Phys. C 410, 227 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.V.P.S. Awana, S.K. Agarwal, R. Ray, S. Gupta, A.V. Narlikar, Phys. C 43, 191 (1992)Google Scholar
- 15.B. Özkurt, J. Mater. Sci. 24, 2426 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.B. Özçelik, M. Gürsul, A. Sotelo, M.A. Madre, J. Mater. Sci. 26, 2830 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.B. Özkurt, J. Mater. Sci. 25, 3295 (2014)Google Scholar
- 21.M. Çalış, B. Özkurt, M.E. Aytekin, E. Gün, M.E. Kır, U. Öztornacı, J. Mater. Sci. 27, 2670 (2016)Google Scholar
- 30.M.E. Aytekin, B. Özkurt, I. Sugözü, J. Mater. Sci. 26, 1799 (2015)Google Scholar
- 31.M.E. Aytekin, B. Özkurt, K. Banu, Sugözü, E. Köse, I. Sugözü, J. Mater. Sci. 27, 8068 (2016)Google Scholar