C10H8N2-PPy hybrid flexible electrodes: SILAR synthesis and electrochemical study
- 50 Downloads
2,2′-bipyridine has been significantly focused by researchers because of its electrical conductivity, chelating properties and ability to affect the color and electrochemical properties of the materials. In present work, 2,2′-bipyridine:polypyrrole (C10H8N2:PPy) hybrid flexible electrodes (HFE) have been fabricated by successive ionic layer adsorption and reaction technique using 0.1 M solution of pyrrole (Py) acidified with 0.1 M HClO4 and 30 wt% H2O2 at 366.15 K. XRD pattern of the HFE exhibits characteristic broad peak at 2θ angles 22.35° and 23.09° as well as at 27ο are indicating the formation of bipyridine as well as PPy respectively. The characteristic peak at 1559 cm−1 in the FTIR spectrum is due to pyrrole ring vibrations confirms the formation of PPy. The SEM image of HFE with 30 s dipping time each in pyrrole and H2O2, depicts flesh like morphology with interconnected globules. The contact angle ~ 10° indicate hydrophilic nature of HFE. Cyclic voltammetric (CV) analysis and galvanostatic charge discharge (GCD) have been carried out in 0.5 M H2SO4. The CV curves represent the symmetric and reversible nature at lower scan rate which becomes quasi irreversible and asymmetric at higher scan rates. The observed maximum specific capacitance was 281.49 F/g at 5 mV/s which is nearly same as given by GCD which was 209 F/g at 1 mA/cm2. These HFE are useful for high energy supercapacitors and battery applications.
Authors are thankful to Solapur University, Solapur for the provision of DRF.
- 2.G. Wu, Y. Cheng, K. Wang, Y. Wang, Fabrication and characterization of OMMt/BMI/CE composite with low dielectric properties and high thermal stability for electronic packaging. J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. 27(6), 5592–55999 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.M. Li, X. Cao, S. Zhang, S. Qi, Ternary composite RGO/MoS2/Fe3O4: synthesis and enhanced electromagnetic wave absorbing performance. J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. 28(9), 6544–6551 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.G.M. Vidyasagar, S.D. Sonawane, K.P. Rao, A.V. Thakur, B.J. Lokhande, Biosynthesis of Ag:C20H9ClO5Ag:Carbon using Opuntial cochenillifera fruit extract and its electrochemical study for antioxidant activity. in Proceedings of IEEE-IC2N conference, Pune, 9–11 Oct 2017. ISBN 978-93-86831-90-3Google Scholar
- 6.A.V. Thakur, B.J. Lokhande, Effect of number of SILAR cycles on cyclic voltammetric performance of PPy:CoO(OH) flexible hybrid electrodes prepared using pyrrole and Co(NO3)2. in Proceedings of IEEE-IC2N conference, Pune 3–6 Oct 2017. ISBN 978-93-86831-90-3Google Scholar
- 11.S. Sakthivel, A. Boopathi, Synthesis and study of polypyrrole thin films by silar method. J. Chem. Chem. Sci. 4(3), 144–149 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.L. Yuan, C. Wan, L. Zhao, Facial in-situ synthesis of MnO2/PPy composite for supercapacitor. Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 10, 9456–9465 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.Y. Chen, J. Zhou, P. Maguire, R. O’Connell, W. Schmitt, Y. Li, Z. Yan, Y. Zhang, H. Zhang, Enhancing capacitance behaviour of CoOOH nanostructures using transition metal dopants by ambient oxidation. Sci. Rep. 6, 20704 (2016). doi: 10.1038/srep20704