Luminescence and energy transfer of Tm/Tb/Mn tri-doped phosphate glass for white light-emitting diodes
- 216 Downloads
The luminescent glasses composed of P2O5–ZnO–SrO–K2O (PZSK) tri-doped thulium oxide (Tm2O3), terbium oxide (Tb4O7) and manganese carbonate (MnCO3) were synthesized by conventional melting method. The full colors including blue, green and reddish orange emitting are observed simultaneously in the photoluminescent spectra of Tm/Tb/Mn tri-doped PZSK glasses excited by 354 nm. The combination of these three emitting allows the realization of white light emitting in the glass samples. Furthermore, the tunable luminescent color and chromaticity parameters can be realized by varying the content of dopant in the glass matrix, which makes these as-prepared phosphate glasses promising candidate for white light-emitting diodes. It is confirmed that energy transfer from Tm3+ (Tb3+) to Mn2+ occurs, which is reasonably interpreted based on energy level diagrams and the analysis of the fluorescence lifetimes.
KeywordsGlass Sample Manganese Carbonate Tm2O3 Chromaticity Parameter Terbium Oxide
This work was financially supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC No. 51362005), Natural Science Foundation of Guangxi Province (2013GXNSFDA019026), and Program for Postgraduate Joint Training Base of GUET-GLESI (No. 20141103-12-Z).
- 1.S. Singh, S. P. Khatkar, V. B. Taxak, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron. 24, 4677(2013)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Zhang, B. Han, P.J. Li, Y. Bian, J.L. Li, H.Z. Shi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 25, 3498 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Z.F. Zhu, Y.B. Zhang, Y.P. Qiao, D.G. Liu, B.Q. Wang, Z.C. Zhang, J. Non-Cryst, Solids 358, 1550 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.R. Mart´ınez-Mart´ınez, A. Speghini, M. Bettinelli, C. Faltriny, U. Caldiño, J. Lumin. 129, 1276 (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.W.J. Yang, T.M. Chen, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 1019031 (2006)Google Scholar