Fluorescent and nonlinear optical features of CdTe quantum dots
The study of photoluminescence and nonlinear optical properties of red (emitted at 650 nm), yellow (emitted at 570 nm) and green (emitted at 530 nm) CdTe quantum dots (QD) spin coated on quartz substrate that had been prepared by changing the ratio between octadecylphosphonic acid and octadecence within 0.1:1–1:1 was carried out. Spectral width of the emission spectra indicates an enhancement with the increasing of QDs sizes, namely ca. 25, 28 and 50 nm for the QD size of 2.5, 3.5 and 5 nm, correspondingly. The entire QDs samples feature a spherical morphology with a relatively narrow size distribution. The optical second harmonic generation (SHG) stimulated by coherent bicolor treatment at 1,540 nm and its second harmonic generation was studied versus the laser light power density and incident angle.
- 7.A. Rahmi, A. Ali Umar, M.M. Salleh, B.Y. Majlis, M. Oyama, Mater. Sci. Forum 25, 663–665 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Mefleh, S. Benet, A. Majchrowski, I.V. Kityk, J. Mater. Sci. 36, V.36, 219 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.K. Ozga, T. Kawaharamura, A. Ali Umar, M. Oyama, K. Nouneh, A. Slezak, S. Fujita, M. Piasecki, A.H. Reshak, I.V. Kityk, Nanotechnology 19, 185709 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.I.V. Kityk, J. Modern Optics 51, 1179–1189 (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.B.P. Antonyuk, A.Z. Obidin, S.K.Vartapetov, K.E. Lapshin, Optics Commun. 281, 2139–2144 (2008)Google Scholar