Magnetically recoverable nano Pd/Fe3O4/ZnO catalyst: preparation, characterization, and application for the synthesis of 2-oxazolines and benzoxazoles
A novel palladium-based catalysts supported on Fe3O4/ZnO nanoparticles have been prepared by a simple method. The catalyst was characterized by transmission electron microscopy, X-ray powder diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, atomic absorption spectrophotometry, FT-IR, and BET analysis. The catalyst afforded efficient synthesis of 2-oxazolines and benzoxazoles from aromatic nitriles under solvent-free conditions. The significant features of this method are short reaction times, good to high yields of the products, simple operation, solvent-free condition, non-toxicity, reusability of the catalyst without significant loss of catalytic activity, and using ultra small amount of Pd (0.004 g of catalyst contains 9.16 × 10−3 mmol Pd which was determined by ICP).
- 2.Wipf P (1998) In: Pelletier SW (ed) Alkaloids: chemical and biological perspectives, Pergamon: New York, p 187–228Google Scholar
- 9.Lester RP, Camp JE (2013) Methods for the direct synthesis of benzoxazoles from halogenated nitriles in alcoholic solvents, ACS Sustainable. Chem Eng 1:545–548Google Scholar
- 10.Heng T, Xu Y-L, Pan C-x, Wang H-s, Pan Y-m (2012) Synthesis of benzoxazoles by the copper triflate catalysed reaction of nitriles and o-aminophenols. J Chem Res 3:370–373Google Scholar
- 17.Aidouni A, Demonceau A, Delaude L (2006) Microwave-assisted synthesis of n-heterocyclic carbene precursors. Synlett 3:493–495Google Scholar
- 20.Suresh D, Dhakshinamoorthy A, Pitchumani K (2013) A green route for the synthesis of 2-substituted benzoxazole derivatives catalyzed by Al3+-exchanged K10 clay. Tetrahedron Lett 54:415–6419Google Scholar
- 22.Prasad AS, Bollikonda S (2012) Synthesis of aryl 2-oxazolines from aromatic nitriles and aminoalcohols using magnetically recoverable Pd/Fe3O4. Der Pharm Chem 4:93–99Google Scholar