Magnetically recoverable nano Pd/Fe3O4/ZnO catalyst: preparation, characterization, and application for the synthesis of 2-oxazolines and benzoxazoles
- 386 Downloads
A novel palladium-based catalysts supported on Fe3O4/ZnO nanoparticles have been prepared by a simple method. The catalyst was characterized by transmission electron microscopy, X-ray powder diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, atomic absorption spectrophotometry, FT-IR, and BET analysis. The catalyst afforded efficient synthesis of 2-oxazolines and benzoxazoles from aromatic nitriles under solvent-free conditions. The significant features of this method are short reaction times, good to high yields of the products, simple operation, solvent-free condition, non-toxicity, reusability of the catalyst without significant loss of catalytic activity, and using ultra small amount of Pd (0.004 g of catalyst contains 9.16 × 10−3 mmol Pd which was determined by ICP).
KeywordsBenzonitrile External Magnet Benzoxazole Nanoparticle Catalyst Amino Alcohol
We gratefully acknowledge the support of this work by the Shiraz University. We are also grateful to Mr. H. Sajedian Fard for helpful cooperation.
- 2.Wipf P (1998) In: Pelletier SW (ed) Alkaloids: chemical and biological perspectives, Pergamon: New York, p 187–228Google Scholar
- 9.Lester RP, Camp JE (2013) Methods for the direct synthesis of benzoxazoles from halogenated nitriles in alcoholic solvents, ACS Sustainable. Chem Eng 1:545–548Google Scholar
- 10.Heng T, Xu Y-L, Pan C-x, Wang H-s, Pan Y-m (2012) Synthesis of benzoxazoles by the copper triflate catalysed reaction of nitriles and o-aminophenols. J Chem Res 3:370–373Google Scholar
- 17.Aidouni A, Demonceau A, Delaude L (2006) Microwave-assisted synthesis of n-heterocyclic carbene precursors. Synlett 3:493–495Google Scholar
- 20.Suresh D, Dhakshinamoorthy A, Pitchumani K (2013) A green route for the synthesis of 2-substituted benzoxazole derivatives catalyzed by Al3+-exchanged K10 clay. Tetrahedron Lett 54:415–6419Google Scholar
- 22.Prasad AS, Bollikonda S (2012) Synthesis of aryl 2-oxazolines from aromatic nitriles and aminoalcohols using magnetically recoverable Pd/Fe3O4. Der Pharm Chem 4:93–99Google Scholar