Lead-free piezoelectric BNKLT 1–3 composites
- 154 Downloads
Bi0.5(Na0.725K0.175Li0.1)0.5TiO3 (abbreviated as BNKLT) is a soft-type piezoelectric ceramics with good piezoelectric properties and strong ferroelectricity at room temperature. The composites with different volume fractions of BNKLT ranging from 0.59 to 0.86 were fabricated by the dice-and-fill method. The composites have been characterized by the resonance techniques and it was found that the composites have good piezoelectric properties that agreed quite well with theoretical modeling. Those composites have potential to be transducer elements in various applications.
KeywordsAcoustic Impedance Ceramic Disc Electromechanical Coupling Coefficient Good Piezoelectric Property Ceramic Volume Fraction
This work was supported by a grant from the Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Project No. PolyU 5317/04E) and the Centre for Smart Materials of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Supports from the PolyU internal grants (1-BBZ3 and 1-BB95) are also acknowledged.
- 4.Gebhardt S, Schonecker A, Steinhausen R, Hauke T, Seifert W, Beige H (2000) Ferroelectrics 241(1–4):1711Google Scholar
- 5.Or SW, Chan HLW (2001) Ferroelectrics 263(1–4):1517Google Scholar
- 11.Takeuchi H, Masuzawa H, Nakaya C, Ito Y (1989) In: Proceedings of Ultrasonics Symposium, Montreal, October 1989, p 705Google Scholar
- 12.Oakley CG, Huebner W, Liang K (1990) In: Proceedings of IEEE 7th International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics, Urbana-Champaign, IL, June 1990, p 233Google Scholar
- 13.Smith WA (1990) In: Proceedings of IEEE 7th International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics, Urbana-Champaign, IL, June 1990, p 145Google Scholar
- 22.IEEE Standard on Piezoelectricity, ANSI/IEEE Std. 1987:176Google Scholar
- 23.Read BE, Dean GD (1978) In: The determination of dynamic properties of polymers and composite. Adam HilgerGoogle Scholar