Multilayer piezoelectric ceramic transformer with low temperature sintering
- 154 Downloads
The low-fired high performance piezoelectric ceramics used for multilayer piezoelectric transformer were investigated. Based on the transient liquid phase sintering mechanism, by doping suitable eutectic additives and optimizing processing, the sintering temperature of the quaternary system piezoelectric ceramics with high piezoelectric properties could be lower to about 960–1000°C. The low-temperature sintering multilayer piezoelectric transformer (MPT) has been developed. Some characteristics of MPT were systemically studied. The measurements include the frequency response of input impedance, frequency response of phase difference between input voltage and current, frequency shifting with load, input impedance changing with load, phase difference between input voltage and current shifting with load, and phase difference between input voltage and vibration velocity. The vibration modes and resonance characters of MPT were measured by a Laser Doppler Scanning Vibrometer. Several kinds of MPT with high voltage step-up ratio, high power density, high transfer efficiency and low cost have been industrially produced and commercialized. It reveals a broad application prospect for back-light power of liquid crystal display and piezo-ionizer etc.
KeywordsPhase Difference Input Voltage Input Impedance Piezoelectric Ceramic Vibration Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. T. LI and Z. L. GUI, Ferroelectrics 262 (2001) 977.Google Scholar
- 2.L. T. Li and W. T. Deng, in 37th Electronic Components Conference Proceedings, Boston, May 1987, p. 623.Google Scholar
- 3.L. T. LI, W. T. DENG, J. H. CHI, Z. L. GUI and X. W. ZHANG, Ferroelectrics 110 (1990) 193.Google Scholar
- 4.L. T. LI, N. X. ZHANG and Z. L. GUI, Ceramic Transactions 106 (2000) 373.Google Scholar
- 5.K. UCHINO, B. KOC, P. LAORATANAKUL and A. VAZQUEZ CARAZO, in “Piezoelectric Materials in Devices”, edited by N. Setter (2002) p. 155.Google Scholar