Pansharpening Image Fusion Using Cross-Channel Correlation: A Framelet-Based Approach
- 435 Downloads
This paper aims at developing a variational model for pansharpening image fusion. To resolve the ill-posedness of image fusion, we propose a new regularization technique that explores the cross-channel correlation of different spectral channels in wavelet tight frame (or framelet) domain. Besides using a regular cross-channel sparsity prior (Inverse Probl Imaging 7(3):777–794, 2013), the proposed model also makes efficient use of the panchromatic image as a guidance for image feature alignment. An ADMM-based iterative scheme is derived for solving the proposed model, and its performance is tested on several datasets including natural images, aerial images, and real multispectral satellite images. Numerical results suggest that the proposed approach works well on the testing datasets and outperforms some state-of-the-art algorithms in comparison.
KeywordsPansharpening image fusion Multispectral Cross-channel correlation Wavelet frames ADMM
L. Hou and X. Zhang would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments in improving the presentation of this paper. They also would like to thank the authors of [11, 12] for making their resources available online for free academic use. This work is partially supported by NSFC91330102 and NSFC (GZ1025), China Postdoc Science Foundation (# 2014M551392), 973 Program (# 2015CB856000).
- 9.DigitalGlobe. 2002. Sundarbans Reserved Forest. ftp://ftp.glcf.umd.edu/glcf/QuickBird/02DEC04043843-X2AS_R2C1-000000185940_01_P002-Bangladesh-The_Sundarbans. Accessed 25 June 2015
- 10.Dong, B., Shen, Z.: MRA-based Wavelet Frames and Applications. IAS/Park City Mathematics Series, vol. 19. American Mathematical Society, Providence (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Gong, Z., Shen, Z., Toh, K.C.: Image restoration with mixed or unknown noises. Multiscale Model. Simul. 12(2), 458–487 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Haydan, R., Dalke, G.W., Henkel, J., Bare, J.E.: Applications of the IHS color transform to the processing of multisensor data and image enhancement. In: Proceedings of the 1st international symposium on remote sensing environment, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 599–616 (1982)Google Scholar
- 17.Hamilton Jr, J., Adams Jr J.: Adaptive color plan interpolation in single sensor color electronic camera. U.S. Patent 5, 629–734 (1997)Google Scholar
- 23.Powell, M.J.D.: A method for nonlinear constraints in minimization problems. In: Fletcher, R. (ed.) Optimization, pp. 283–298. Academic Press, New York (1969)Google Scholar
- 26.SpaceImaging.: IKONOS scene (2000) ftp://ftp.glcf.umd.edu/glcf/China_earthquake_May_2008/IKONOS/po_58205_0000000.20001003.China-Sichuan. Accessed 1 July 2015