Novel polymeric phthalocyanines bridged flexible 1,5-pentanedithiol unit for metal ions extraction: synthesis, characterization and evaluation
- 33 Downloads
A novel bisphthalonitrile 5,5′-(pentane-1,5-diylbis(sulfanediyl))bis(4-((2-aminophenyl)thio)phthalonitrile) 2 was synthesized by a nucleophilic aromatic substitution of chloro atom of 4-(2′-aminophenyl sulfanyl)-5-chloro-benzene-1,2-dicarbonitrile 1 with dithiol functions of pentane-1,5-dithiole. The synthesis of polymeric phthalocyanine complexes 3 and 4 by cyclotetramerization of bisphthalonitrile derivative 2 were accomplished in the presence of appropriate metal salt in a Schlenk tube containing quinoline under nitrogen atmosphere. The investigation of metal-ion binding properties of bisphthalonitrile 2 and polymeric zinc(II) phthalocyanine 4 was performed by using liquid–liquid extraction procedure for 2 and solid–liquid extraction procedure for 4. Polymeric zinc(II) phthalocyanine 4 was found to extract Ag(II) and Hg(II) with high efficiency. The novel compounds were characterized by a combination of elemental analysis and 1H NMR, 13C NMR, IR, and MS spectral data.
KeywordsBisphthalonitrile Polymeric phthalocyanine Metal ion extraction Dithiols
One of us, HZG, is indebted to the Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) (Project No. KBAG 109T806) for the financial support. Murat Aslan, Ümit Akkoç and Arzu Meryem Deveci are also gratefully acknowledged for their assistance.
- 5.Ferguson, J.E.: The Heavy Elements: Environment Impact and Health Effects. Pergamon Press, Oxford (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Azimi, A., Azari, A., Rezakazemi, M., Ansapour, M.: Removal of heavy metals from industrial wastewaters. Rev. Chem. Bio. Eng. Rev. 4, 37–59 (2017)Google Scholar
- 19.Leznoff, C.C., Lever, A.B.P.: Phthalocyanines: Properties and Applications, vol. 1–4. VCH, Weinheim (1998)Google Scholar
- 29.Perrin, D.D., Armarego, W.L.F.: Purification of Laboratory Chemicals, 2nd edn. Pergamon, Oxford (1989)Google Scholar
- 30.Gök, H.Z., Gök, Y.: A novel n-pivot macrocyclic ligand and its cobalt(II) phthalocyanine derivative: synthesis, characterization and extractant properties. Techno-Science 1(2), 40–45 (2018)Google Scholar