Spatial Modeling and Robust Flight Control Based on Adaptive Sliding Mode Approach for a Quadrotor MAV
- 47 Downloads
This paper addresses the design of a robust flight control for a quadrotor micro aerial vehicle under external perturbations. The spatial vectors convention is implemented in order to represent the mathematical model of the system. Then, a flight control based on an adaptive second order sliding mode technique is designed. This controller allows to mitigate matched and bounded perturbations/uncertainties with unknown bounds, while non overstimating of the control gain; its adaptive gains permit to reduce the control effort as well as the chattering effect. Furthermore, a closed loop analysis under perturbations is given. Simulation results include a comparison between the proposed adaptive flight control against a second order sliding mode approach showing the feasibility and attractiveness of strategy.
KeywordsQuadrotor MAVs Adaptive sliding mode control Robust control Sliding mode control Spatial modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This paper was a short version of the one presented in ICUAS 2017. Additionally, this work was part of a Postdoctoral stay at the Robotics National Laboratory of the ITESM-CONACyT.
- 6.Xiong, J., Zhang, G.: Global fast dynamical terminal sliding mode control for a quadrotor UAV. ISA Transactions. (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2016.09.019
- 11.Rida, M., Cherki, B.: A new robust control for minirotorcraft unmanned aerial vehicles. ISA Trans. 56, 86–101 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Sumantri, B., Uchiyama, N., Sano, S.: Generalized super-twisting sliding mode control with a nonlinear sliding surface for robust and energy-efficient controller of a quad-rotor helicopter. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. C J. Mech. Eng. Sci. (2016). https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406216628897
- 14.Villanueva, A., Castillo-Toledo, B., et al.: System for a Quadrotor (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Ibarra, E., Castillo, P.: Nonlinear super twisting algoritmh for UAV attitude stabilization (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.Castañeda, H., Gordillo, J.L.: Spatial modeling, identification and adaptive second order sliding mode control of a micro air vehicle. In: 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS) Miami, FL, USA, June 13–16 (2017)Google Scholar