Real-Time Seam Tracking Technology of Welding Robot with Visual Sensing
- 732 Downloads
A seam tracking system with visual sensing free from calibration was developed for the robot applied in gas tungsten arc welding. A visual sensor with double-layer filter system was researched for the different levels of the welding current. An image processing in C+ + language was developed to extract the seam trajectory and the offset of the torch to the seam in the welding images of aluminum alloys plates with grooves. The rectifying rule of the robot used in this paper was found based on the experimental data, and the seam tracking controller was also analyzed and constructed. The experimental results on straight line seam and curve seam demonstrated the efficiency of the proposal seam tracking system.
KeywordsVisual sensing Real time Seam tracking Welding robot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 13.Yamane, S., Kaneko, Y., Kitahara, N., Ohshima, K., Yamamoto, M.: Neural network and fuzzy control of weld pool with welding robot. In: Ind. Appl. Soc. Annu. Meet. Conf. Rec. 1993, IEEE, vol. 3, pp. 2175–2180 (1993)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao, D.B., Chen, S.B., Wu, L., Dai, M., Chen, Q.: Intelligent control for the shape of the weld pool in pulsed GTAW with filler metal. Weld. J. 80(11), 253–260 (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Luo, H.: Robotic welding, intelligence and automation, laser visual sensing and process control in robotic arc welding of titanium alloys. LNCIS 299, 110–122 (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Meta-Scout GmbH. http://www.scout-sensor.com/
- 21.Seam-tracking, guidance systems. http://www.manufacturingtalk.com/indexes/categorybrowseei.html