Reconfigurable assembly line balancing for cloud manufacturing
- 181 Downloads
In an attempt to react to the increasing imbalance of assembly line due to the high uncertainty of assembly resources in the cloud manufacturing environment, this study investigates the reconfigurable assembly line balancing problem (ALBP) in a cloud manufacturing environment based on the actual production process. We designed the assembly precedence relation model on the basis of analyzing the characteristics and categories of the reconfigurable ALBP. Thereafter, an optimization model of ALBP under traditional mode is established. Combined with the dynamic and collaborative operation of cloud manufacturing, a workstation information sharing framework for cloud manufacturing is designed, and an equilibrium optimization model of ALBP in cloud manufacturing environment is developed to obtain the maximum productivity and the minimum the load smoothness. Moreover, an improved memetic algorithm is proposed to solve the optimization model, which has strong global and local search capabilities compared with the general algorithm. Finally, performance of the proposed approach is tested on a set of examples, and distinguished results can be acquired by comparing with particle swarm optimization algorithm, simulated annealing and genetic algorithm.
KeywordsReconfigurable assembly line Balancing Cloud manufacturing Memetic algorithm Optimization
This work was supported by Humanities and Social Sciences of Ministry of Education Planning Fund under Grant Number 17YJA630127 and Changzhou Sci & Tech Program under Grant Number CJ20159052. Those who supported this submission are gratefully acknowledged.
- Bryton, B. (1954). Balancing of a continuous production line. Evanston, IL: Northwestern University.Google Scholar
- Kucukkoc, I., Buyukozkan, K., Satoglu, S. I., et al. (2015). A mathematical model and artificial bee colony algorithm for the lexicographic bottleneck mixed-model assembly line balancing problem. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-015-1150-5.
- Li, B. D. (2013). Analysis and applied research on the assembly production line balance. Chongqing: Chongqing Jiaotong University.Google Scholar
- Li, M., Li, S., Xia, X. H., et al. (2013). Rules combination algorithm of assembly line balancing problem for large-scale multiple station. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 19(11), 2780–2787.Google Scholar
- Li, Y. D., & Liu, J. S. (2012). Improved ant colony optimization for assembly line balancing-II problem. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 13(8), 1632–1638.Google Scholar
- Li, Z., Dey, N., Ashour, A. S., et al. (2017). Discrete cuckoo search algorithms for two-sided robotic assembly line balancing problem. Neural Computing and Applications. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-017-2855-5.
- Li, Z. X., Tang, Q. H., Lin, B., et al. (2015). A hybrid particle swarm optimization for two-sided assembly line balancing problem of type II. Machinery Design and Manufacture, 1, 113–116.Google Scholar
- Li, Z. X., Tang, Q. H., Mao, Y. N., et al. (2016). An iterated local search algorithm for mixed-model two-sided assembly line balance problem. Mechinery Design & Manufacture, 3, 54–57.Google Scholar
- Moscato, P. (1989). On evolution, search, optimization, genetic algorithms and martial arts: Towards memetic algorithm. Pasadena, California, USA: Technical Report Caltech Concurrent Computation Prgram, Report 826, California Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- Ning, F. H., Zhou, W. Z., Zhang, F. Y., et al. (2011). The architecture of cloud manufacturing and its key technologies research. In IEEE international conference on cloud computing and intelligence systems (pp. 259–263).Google Scholar
- Quyen, N. T. P., Chen, J. C., & Yang, C. L. (2016). Hybrid genetic algorithm to solve resource constrained assembly line balancing problem in footwear manufacturing. Soft Computing, 3, 1–17.Google Scholar
- Rosenberg, O., & Ziegler, H. (1992). A comparison of heuristic algorithms for cost-oriented assembly line balancing. Zeitschrift Für Operations Research, 36(6), 477–495.Google Scholar
- Saif, U., Guan, Z., Zhang, L., et al. (2017). Multi-objective artificial bee colony algorithm for order oriented simultaneous sequencing andbalancing of multi-mixed model assembly line. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-017-1316-4.
- Salveson, M. E. (1955). The assembly line balancing problem. Journal of Industrial Engineering, 6(3), 18–25.Google Scholar
- Scholl, A. (1993). Data of assembly line balancing problems. Schriften zur Quantitativen Betriebswirtschaftslehre, 16, 1–28.Google Scholar
- Tao, F., Zhang, L., Guo, H., et al. (2011). Typical characteristics of cloud manufacturing and several key issues of cloud service composition. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 17(3), 477–486.Google Scholar
- Wu, X. Y. (2007). Research on the assembly production line balance. Shanghai: Shanghai Jiao Tong University.Google Scholar
- Wu, J. H., Xia, S. Z., & Cao, S. H. (1999). A study on mathematical model and algorithms for ALB. Journal of System Simulation, 11(5), 358–361.Google Scholar
- Xu, T. (2011). Study on assembly line balance. Shanghai: Shanghai Jiao Tong University.Google Scholar
- Xu, L. Y., Cai, B. J., BaS, Q., et al. (2016). Assembly line balancing problem-2 with task zoning constraints and workstation related constraints. Journal of Tongji University, 44(2), 269–275.Google Scholar
- Xu, S., & Li, F. M. (2013). Study on reconfiguration approach of mixed-model assembly line based on petri net modeling of workstations. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 263–266(PART 1), 3265–3273.Google Scholar
- Yu, S. W. (2014). Case study and application of MATLAB optimization algorithm (pp. 156–178). Beijing: Tsinghua University Press.Google Scholar
- Yuan, M. H., Li, D. B., & YU, M. J. (2008). Mixed-model assembly line balance for mass customization. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 14(1), 79–83+131.Google Scholar
- Zhu, Y. J., Dong, C. F., & Xu, L. (2010). Research on the supplier evaluation model based on preference constraint cone. ICLEM 2010: Logistics for Sustained Economic Development: Infrastructure, Information, 387, 465–472.Google Scholar