Application of Integral Optical Flow for Determining Crowd Movement from Video Images Obtained Using Video Surveillance Systems
- 3 Downloads
Study of crowd movement is an important practical problem, and its solution is used in video surveillance systems for preventing various emergency situations. In the general case, a group of fast-moving people is of more interest than a group of stationary or slow-moving people. We propose a new method for crowd movement analysis using a video sequence, based on integral optical flow. We have determined several characteristics of a moving crowd such as density, speed, direction of motion, symmetry, and in/out index. These characteristics are used for further analysis of a video scene.
Keywordsintegral optical flow motion analysis crowd movement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Shao, C. Loy, K. Kang, and X. Wang, in: Proc. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2016), pp. 5629–5628.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Mehran, A. Oyama, and M. Shah, in: Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2009), pp. 935–942.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Ali and M. Shah, in: Proc. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2007), pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Niranjil Kumar and C. Sureshkumar, Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Commun. Eng., 3, No. 9, 7935–7939 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.Shipra Ojha and S. R. Sakhare, Int. J. Sci. Eng. Res., 6, No. 6, 1119–1123 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.N. A. Sjarif, S. M. Shamsuddin, and S. Z. Hashim, Int. J. Adv. Software Comput. Appl., 4, No. 1, 1–33 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Farnebäck, in: Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis (2003), pp. 363–370.Google Scholar
- 11.C. Chen, S. Ye, H. Chen, O. V. Nedzvedz, and S. V. Ablameyko, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 84, No. 1, 138–146 (2017) [C. Chen, S. Ye, H. Chen, O. Nedzvedz, and S. Ablameyko, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 84, No. 1, 120–128 (2017) (English translation)].Google Scholar
- 12.P. Allain, N. Courty, and T. Corpetti, in: Proc. First ICPR International Workshop on Pattern Recognition and Crowd Analysis, November 2012 (2012), pp. 1–6.Google Scholar