Laser-induced plasmas in liquids for nanoparticle synthesis
- 126 Downloads
Spatially and temporally resolved emission spectroscopy is used to study the major features of the onset and evolution of plasmas created by pulsed laser irradiation of targets immersed in liquids. It is shown that double pulse operation provides an enhanced rate of nanoparticle formation and increases the emission signal from the plasma atoms and ions owing to more efficient ablation of the target material. The main parameters (density of atoms, electron temperature and density) of laser-induced plasmas in liquids are estimated. The prospects of laser ablation in liquids as a method for producing nanoparticles are analyzed.
Keywordslaser-induced plasmas in liquids double pulse ablation electron density and temperature spatially and temporally resolved emission spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Dubrovskii, G. É. Tsyrlin, and V. M. Ustinov, FTP, 43, 1585–1628 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.J. H. Sinfelt, Bimetallic Catalysts: Discoveries, Concepts, and Applications, John Wiley, New York (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Gubin, Yu. A. Koksharov, G. B. Khomutov, and G. Yu. Yurkov, Usp. Khim., 74 (6), 539–574 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Bokshits, G. P. Shevchenko, and V. V. Sviridov, Vestsi NAN Belarusi. Ser. Khim. Navuk, No. 1, 19–23 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.C.-H. Jung, H.-G. Lee, C.-J. Kim, and S. B. Bhaduri, J. Nanopor. Res., 5, 283–388 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Simakin, V. V. Voronov, and G. A. Shafeev, Trudy In-ta Obshchei Fiziki im. A. M. Prokhorova, 60, 83–107 (2004).Google Scholar
- 18.H. Griem, Spectral Line Broadening by Plasmas [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1978)..Google Scholar
- 19.G. A. Kasabov and V. V. Eliseev, Spectroscopy Tables for Low Temperature Plasmas [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1973), p. 154.Google Scholar
- 20.C. F. Boren and D. R. Huffman, Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles, John Wiley, New York (1983).Google Scholar
- 22.U. Kreibig and M. Vollmer, Optical Properties of Metal Clusters, Springer, Berlin (1995).Google Scholar