Mechanism of emergence of intense vibrations of turbines on the Sayano-Shushensk hydro power plant
It is demonstrated that the level of vibrations of turbines on the Sayano-Shushensk hydro power plant is enhanced by the capability of a compressible fluid to perform its own hydroacoustic oscillations (which can be unstable) in the turbine duct. Based on the previously obtained results of solving the problem of natural hydroacoustic oscillations in the turbine duct and some ideas about turbine interaction with an unsteady compressible fluid flow, results of full-scale studies of turbine vibrations and seismic monitoring of the dam of the Sayano-Shushensk hydro power plant before and during the accident are analyzed.
Key wordshydroturbine vibrations cascade acoustics stability natural oscillations flutter
- 1.Yu. I. Lobanovskii, “Technical reasons for the Sayano-Shushensk HPP accident,” URL: http://synerjetics.ru/article/catastrophe.htm.
- 2.V. Kh. Arm and V. B. Kurzin, “Low-frequency hydroacoustic oscillations in hydroturbine ducts,” Tr. TsIAM, No. 1294 (1991); Abstracts 13th All-Union Conf. “Aeroelasticity of Turbomachinery” (1991), p. 8.Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Okulov and I. M. Pylev, “Instability of pressure systems,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 341, No. 4, 470–473 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Kh. Arm, V. L. Okulov, and I. M. Pylev, “Instability of pressure systems of hydraulic power units,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Énergetika, No. 3, 122–132 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.G. S. Samoilovich, Unsteady Flow and Aeroelastic Vibrations of Turbomachine Cascades [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.D. N. Gorelov, “Cascade aerodynamics in unsteady flow,” in: D. N. Gorelov, V. B. Kurzin, and V. É. Saren, Aerodynamics of Cascades in an Unsteady Flow [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.D. N. Gorelov, “Atlas of unsteady aerodynamic characteristics of cascades,” in: D. N. Gorelov, V. B. Kurzin, and V. É. Saren, Aerodynamics of Cascades in an Unsteady Flow [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.V. B. Kurzin and A. S. Tolstukha, “Calculation of unsteady aerodynamic characteristics of a rotating cascade of vibrating blades in an incompressible fluid flow,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 1, 40–52 (2005).Google Scholar