Hydrogen peroxide sensor based on electrodeposited Prussian blue film
Prussian blue (PB) films have been widely used for blood glucose monitoring. Here, we present the strategy to improve the performance and sensitivity of PB film for hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) monitoring by using modified gold electrode for hydrogen peroxide monitoring. The microstructure of the studied electrodes was characterized using scanning electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy. The electrochemical properties of experimental electrodes were obtained via cyclic voltammograms and chronoamperometry methods. The results show that the thickness of deposited PB film is increased with the deposition time. The PB-modified electrode exhibits the widest linear range and best operational stability after being electrochemically deposited for 240 s. The highest sensitivity for experimental electrodes is obtained on samples deposited for 40 s (341 mA cm−2 M−1), indicating that a thinner PB film with certain critical thickness can accelerate the exchanging rate of K+ between PB lattice and the tested solution.
KeywordsHydrogen peroxide Prussian blue Electrochemical deposition Electrochemically modified sensor
We gratefully acknowledge the support from the National Basic Research Program of China (Grant No. 2015CB351900), National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 11222220, 11320101001, 11625207), and Tsinghua University Initiative Scientific Research Program.
- 15.Ludi A, Güdel HU (1973) Structural chemistry of polynuclear transition metal cyanides. Inorganic chemistry. Springer, Berlin, pp 1–21Google Scholar
- 22.Kim D-H, Viventi J, Amsden JJ, Xiao J, Vigeland L, Kim Y-S, Blanco JA, Panilaitis B, Frechette ES, Contreras D, Kaplan DL, Omenetto FG, Huang Y, Hwang K-C, Zakin MR, Litt B, Rogers JA (2010) Dissolvable films of silk fibroin for ultrathin conformal bio-integrated electronics. Nat Mater 9(6):511–517CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.Gao W, Emaminejad S, Nyein HYY, Challa S, Chen K, Peck A, Fahad HM, Ota H, Shiraki H, Kiriya D, Lien D-H, Brooks GA, Davis RW, Javey A (2016) Fully integrated wearable sensor arrays for multiplexed in situ perspiration analysis. Nature 529(7587):509–514. doi: 10.1038/nature16521 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 28.Bard A, Faulkner L (2001) Electrochemical methods: fundamentals and applications. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 33.Talagaeva NV, Zolotukhina EV, Bezverkhyy I, Konev DV, Lacroute Y, Maksimova EY, Koryakin SL, Vorotyntsev MA (2015) Stability of Prussian blue–polypyrrole (PB/PPy) composite films synthesized via one-step redox-reaction procedure. J Solid State Electrochem 19(9):2701–2709. doi: 10.1007/s10008-015-2951-3 CrossRefGoogle Scholar