Polypyrrole electropolymerized on aluminum alloy 1100 doped with oxalate and tungstate anions
- 183 Downloads
Polypyrrole films doped with oxalic acid and tungstate were potentiostatically electropolymerized on aluminum alloy 1100. Two statistical factorial designs (fractional and complete) were used to study the influence of the synthesis variables on the film performance against corrosion. Corrosion protection of the polypyrrole films doped with oxalate and tungstate anions (PPy/OXA/W) on the aluminum alloy was evaluated by potentiometric and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) measurements in a 0.05 mol L−1 NaCl solution. The results obtained showed that the best performance against corrosion was detected with the PPy/OXA/W film synthesized at 1.0 V, 1.5 C in 0.2 mol L−1 pyrrole, 0.1 mol L−1 oxalic acid and 0.05 mol L−1 sodium tungstate solutions provide a protective effect against corrosion.
KeywordsPolypyrrole Aluminum Tungstate Corrosion
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of this work by CNPq and FAPERGS.
- 1.Tallman DE, Spinks G, Dominis A et al (2002) J Solid State Electrochem 6:73Google Scholar
- 2.Breslin CB, Fenelon AM, Conroy KG (2005) Mater Des 26:233Google Scholar
- 14.Montgomery DC (2001) Design and analysis of experiments. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 15.Box GEP, Hunter WG, Hunter JS (1978) Statistics for experimenters—an introduction to design, data analysis and model building. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 22.Cotton FA (1999) Advanced inorganic chemistry. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 23.Simonet J, Rault-Berthelot J (1989) Synth Met 33:2Google Scholar
- 31.Pourbaix M (1963) Atlas d’Équilibres Électrochimiques. Gauthier-Villars, ParisGoogle Scholar