A non-linear AC spectrometry study of the electrodeposition of Cu from acidic sulphate solutions in the presence of PEG
- 74 Downloads
Non-linear Alternated-Current (AC) spectrometry has been recently proposed [Bozzini and Sgura, Math. Prob. Eng. (in press)] as an approach able to yield basically the same results as AC impedance spectroscopy, but with a remarkably higher statistical confidence. In particular, quantitative parameter estimation problems commonly found in the analysis of AC impedance data carried out with the available methods [Sgura and Bozzini, J. Non-Lin. Mech. 40 (2005) 557], can be remarkably reduced. This paper reports the first example of the experimental implementation of the method, as applied to Cu electrodeposition from a sulphate solution containing polyethyleneglycol, a system relevant to semiconductor fabrication, previously investigated by electrochemical and spectroelectrochemical methods in our group [Bozzini et al. J. Appl. Electrochem. (in press), Bozzini et al. J. Appl. Electrochem. 36 (2006) 87].
KeywordsAlternate Current Truncation Error Acidic Sulphate Solution Vinyl Ether Frequency Response Analyser
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Bozzini, C. Mele, L. D’Urzo, G. Giovannelli and S. Natali, J. Appl. Electrochem., in pressGoogle Scholar
- 2.B. Bozzini, C. Mele and L. D’Urzo, J. Appl. Electrochem., 36 (2006) 87Google Scholar
- 5.B. Bozzini and I. Sgura, Math. Prob. Eng. in pressGoogle Scholar
- 6.Macdonald D.D. (1991). In: Varma R., Selman J.R. (eds) Techniques for the Characterization of Electrodes and Electrochemical Processes. John Wiley & Sons, NY, pp. 515Google Scholar
- 7.Despić A.R. (1983). In: Conway B.E., Bockris J.O’M., Yeager E., Khan S.U.M., White R.E. (eds) Comprehension Treatise of Electrochemistry, Vol. 7. Plenum Press, NY, 470 pGoogle Scholar
- 8.MATLAB 6.5 Release 13- Optimisation Toolbox 2.2 – User’s guideGoogle Scholar
- 9.Despić A.R. and Popov K. (1972). In: White R.E., Conway B.E., Bockris J.O’M. (eds) Modern Aspects of Electrochemistry, Vol. 7. Plenum Press, NY, 264 pGoogle Scholar