Comparison of Single- and Twin-Shaft CCPPS
- 5 Downloads
The main advantages and disadvantages of single- and twin-shaft CCPPs are analyzed, taking into account various configurations and thermal efficiency and controllability. Single-shaft configurations with and without freewheeling clutch between the electric generator and the steam turbine are considered. Single-shaft 370 – 420 MW CCPPs operated in Russia are compared with twin-shaft units of the same capacity.
Keywordscombined-cycle power plant (CCPP) single-shaft steam turbine heat-recovery steam generator (HRSG) gas turbine configuration freewheeling clutch axial exhaust
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ram G. Narula, “The single-shaft combined cycle myth,” in: Proc. ASME Turboexpo, May 8 – 11, Munich, Germany (2000).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Sh. Leizerovich, “Single-shaft combined-cycle power units,” Teploénergetika, No. 12, 69 – 73 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.P. Maagh and W. Fischer, “Weltweit Bestwerte im GuD-Kraftwerk Ulrich Hartmann,” VGB Power Tech., No. 3 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.P. A. Berezinets, V. M. Grinenko, I. V. Dolinin, and Yu. A. Radin, “Constructing the Russian combined-cycle cogeneration plant and mastering its operation,” Teploénergetika, No. 9, 2 – 7 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.Ch. Helesch, R. Quinkertz, and S. Bruck, “Flexible steam turbine solutions for combined heat and power in combined cycle power plants,” in: Proc. Int. Conf. Russia Power 2013, Moscow Russia (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. Neaves and M. L. Hendry, “Disengaging clutches for single-shaft combined-cycle power plants,” in: Proc. Conf. Power-Gen International 96 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Kostyuk and V. V. Frolov, Turbines of Thermal and Nuclear Power Plants [in Russian], Izd. MÉI, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.A. D. Trukhnii, Combined-Cycle Power Units [in Russian], Izd. MÉI, Moscow (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.D. Moelling, P. Jackson, and J. Malloy, “Protecting steam cycle components during low-load operation of combined cycle gas turbine plants,” Power, 159(3), 42 – 45 (2015).Google Scholar