Russian Chemical Fibres Market in 2016
ECONOMICS AND MARKETING
- 18 Downloads
The year 2016 was relatively favorable for the Russian chemical fibres market (Tables 1 and 2). Compared to 2015 [ 1], there was a marked growth in demand (9.6%), consumption (8.5%), production (14%), import (6.3%), and export (19.9%) of goods of the industry. This happened primarily because of rise of the noted indexes for synthetic fibres by 8.3, 7.7, 9.3, 7.4, and 14.9%, respectively. Being, on an average, 12-14% of the total volume of chemical fibres production and consumption over the past 5 years, products of hydrated cellulose origin, mainly as acetate cigarette tow, also contributed to the rise of these indexes. The utilization ratio also rose markedly in 2016 (on an average, it was 70.4% across the industry against 61.7% in 2015) [ 1]. In general, the figure with a plus sign was much higher compared to the similar table for 2015 [ 1]. This, of course, is rejoicing, but is still very far from the level of the pre-restructuring time.
Consumption, Import, and Production of...
- 1.E. M. Aizenshtein and D. N. Kepikov, Vestn. Khim. Prom., No. 4 (91), 6-9 (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.Vestn. Khim. Prom., No. 2 (95), 34-39 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.E. M. Aizenshtein, Neftegaz. RU, No. 4, 49-55 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Aizenshtein, Polymer. Mater., No. 8, 32-36 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.http://www.repec.ru/forum, 22.05.2017.
- 6.N. V. Vygolov, Vestn. Khim. Prom., No. 2 (95), 40-45 (2017).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018