Summation of Unordered Arrays
An approach to the summation of unordered number and matrix arrays based on ordering them by absolute value (greedy summation) is proposed. Theorems on products of greedy sums are proved. A relationship between the theory of greedy summation and the theory of generalized Dirichlet series is revealed. The notion of asymptotic Dirichlet series is considered.
Key wordsgreedy sum unordered sum theorem on multiplications of sums generalized Dirichlet series asymptotic Dirichlet series Riesz means generic zeta-function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Bohr, “Über die Summabilität Dirichlet’scher Reihen,” Gött. Nachr., 1909, 247–262.Google Scholar
- G. H. Hardy and M. Riesz, The general theory of Dirichlet’s series, Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 18, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1915.Google Scholar
- T. J. Stiltijes, “Note sur la multiplication de deux séries,” Nouvelles Annales, ser. 3, 6 (1887), 210–215.Google Scholar
- A. F. Leont’ev, Series of Exponentials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1976.Google Scholar
- E. Shchepin, Greedy sums and Dirichlet series, http://arxiv.org/abs/1110.5285.Google Scholar
- E. Shchepin, Riesz means and greedy sums, http://arxiv.org/abs/1212.0821.Google Scholar