Mapping of Noise by Using Gis in ŞAnliurfa
- 468 Downloads
Traffic noise results from highways where the most important source of noise in cities. This noise has the properties of linear source. Constitution of noise maps has become compulsory to see the regions that are influenced from the noise, and to put forward the future environmental approaches. During the mapping of the noise, generally two fundamental problems are encountered, excessive time requirement for the measurement of noise and determining the method for the constitution of maps.
This study was conducted in Sanliurfa city of Turkey, in 3×4 km area. Continuous weekly data were obtained in 11 measurement points. By using these data in (GIS) environment, preparation of the most reliable map in the shortest time is achieved by the interpolation method.
KeywordsGIS interpolation noise maps noise sources traffic noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Varlitoprak, C., Akin, D. and Hinislioglu, S.: 1991, Traffic Sourced Noise Pollution and Protection. Izmir, Proceedings of International Environment Protection Symposium, Environmental Pollution and Control (in Turkish).Google Scholar
- European Commission: 1996, Green paper on “Future Noise Policy” 540–final.Google Scholar
- Nelson, P. M.: 1987, Traffic Noise Reference Book, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Avsar, Y.: 1998, Expose of Noise Map of Yí ldí z Technical University Central Campus and It's Around. Istanbul, Yí ldí z Technical University Institute of Science and Technology 46 (in Turkish).Google Scholar
- Pamanikabud, P.: 1996, Improvement of Bangkok's highway noise forecasting model by modification of traffic noise sources. Liverpool, In Proceedings of Inter-Noise'96: The 1996 International Congress on Noise Control Engineering.Google Scholar
- Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI): 2002, Using Arc GIS Spatial Analyst, Redlands, CA, Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.Google Scholar
- Karpuzcu, M.: 1996, Environmental Pollution and Control, Istanbul, Gebze Institute of High Technology, 199 (in Turkish).Google Scholar
- Yomralioglu, T.: 2002, Geographical Information Systems. Trabzon, Karadeniz Technical University Department of Geodesy and Photogrammetry Engineering 51 (in Turkish).Google Scholar