Synthesis of Monosubstituted Purpurins and Their Biological Activity
- 32 Downloads
Products were obtained from acylation of 1,2,4-trihydroxy-9,10-anthraquinone (purpurin) by saturated cyclic carboxylic acid chlorides. The compositions and structures of the monosubstituted compounds were confirmed by elemental analysis and IR and PMR spectroscopy. The cytotoxicities of the derivatives were evaluated in an Artemia salina Leach brine shrimp test.
Keywordspurpurin saturated cyclic carboxylic acid chlorides Artemia salina Leach brine shrimp cytotoxicity
The work was financially supported by the Science Committee, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, under contract No. 83 (Appendix 1.7) dated March 2, 2018, in the framework of the project on “Search for new drugs based on available synthetic analogs of natural anthraquinone derivatives” (IRN AR05131788).
- 1.R. H. Thomson, Naturally Occurring Quinones III, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1987, pp. 345–526.Google Scholar
- 4.H. W. Lee, H. W. Ryu, M.-G. Kang, D. Park, S.-R. Oh, and H. Kim, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 27, 1136 (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Gorelik, Chemistry of Anthraquinone and Its Derivatives [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow, 1983, 295 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.V. Ya. Fain, 9,10-Anthraquinones and Their Application [in Russian], Tsentr Fotokhimii RAN, Moscow, 1999, 92 pp.Google Scholar
- 7.G. L. Vyshkovskii (ed.), Drug Encyclopedia 2017 [in Russian], Vedanta, Moscow, 2016, 1288 pp.Google Scholar
- 13.J. L. McLaughlin, C. J. Chang, and D. L. Smith, in: Studies in Natural Product Chemistry, A. Rahman (ed.), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1991, Vol. 9, pp. 383–409.Google Scholar
- 15.Y. M. Karchesy, R. G. Kelsey, G. Constantine, and J. J. Karchesy, SpringerPlus, 5, 510 (2016).Google Scholar
- 18.S. A. Gadir, J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 4, 4148 (2012).Google Scholar
- 19.D. J. Finney, Probit Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1971, 350 pp.Google Scholar