Three New Anthraquinones from Aerial Parts of Paederia scandens
Three new anthraquinones, 1-methyl-2,4-dimethoxy-3-hydroxyanthraquinone (6), 1-methoxy-3-hydroxy-2-ethoxymethylanthraquinone (7), and 2-methyl-3-O-β-D-primeveroside (14), together with 15 known compounds, including seven anthraquinones, one iridoid glucoside, three phenolic compounds, three flavone glucosides, and one flavone, were isolated from Paederia scandens. The isolated compounds were elucidated by extensive spectroscopic methods. To the best of our knowledge, six known anthraquinones (1, 2, 5, 9, 10, and 13) and two known phenolic acids (4, 11) were isolated from this plant for the first time.
Keywordsanthraquinones Paederia scandens Rubiaceae chemical constituents
This work was supported by the Program of Shanghai TCM Science and Technology (Grant No. 13401900701) and Shanghai Technology Research Leader (Grant No. 16XD1423500).
- 4.X. Zou, J. Liang, L. S. Ding, and S. L. Peng, Chin. Mater. Med., 31, 1436 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Hoshika and N. M. Urayama, Kogai to Taisaku, 19, 491 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Li, C. J. Zheng, and L. P. Qin, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 43, 658 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Q. Hu, H. D. Han, Y. Lin, L. H. Chen, and X. L.Wang, Chin. Mater. Med., 28, 2657 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.Y. J. Zhou, K. S. Wu, G. Y. Zeng, J. B. Tan, K. P. Xu, F. S. Li, and G. S. Tan, Chin. Mater. Med., 32, 590 (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.Q. Zhou, N. Li, Y. C. Xing, L. Pan, H. H. Bahaerguli, and X. G. Jia, J. Shenyang. Pharm. Univ., 30, 674 (2013).Google Scholar
- 14.C. H. Wang, P. L. Wei, S. K. Yan, H. Z. Jin, and W. D. Zhang, Nat. Prod. Res. Dev., 26, 33 (2014).Google Scholar
- 17.F. M. Lou, J. Yang, Z. C. Bai, and B. F. Wu, Chin. Mater. Med., 31, 988 (2006).Google Scholar
- 20.G. Zuhal, K. Nurcan, and K. Cavit, Turk. J. Chem., 30, 515 (2006).Google Scholar
- 21.Z. L. Zhang, Y. M. Zuo, L. Xu, X. S. Qu, and Y. M. Luo, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 42, 1490 (2011).Google Scholar
- 22.H. L. Chen, X. P. Dong, M. Zhang, J. Fei, P. R. Tang, and Y. Zhang, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 41, 874 (2010).Google Scholar