Chemical Constituents of Garcinia yunnanensis and Their Scavenging Activity Against DPPH Radicals
Eleven compounds, including a new compound, methyl 3-phenylpropionate-1-O-glucuronic acid methyl ester (1), four known biflavones 2–5, one known flavone (6), and five other known compounds (7–11) have been isolated from the pericarp of Garcinia yunnanensis. Their structures were elucidated by spectral analysis and by comparison of their spectral data with those in the published literatures. All the compounds were isolated from G. yunnanensis for the first time and screened for their scavenging activity against DPPH radicals. Of all the samples tested, compounds 1–6 showed significant activities with IC50 values of 1.83, 0.87, 0.17, 3.51, 0.75, and 2.21 mM, respectively.
KeywordsGarcinia yunnanensis Guttiferae flavone scavenging
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 81273403, 81303188, and 81173485), Shanghai Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning (ZY3-CCCX-3-5001), and Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (15DZ2292000).
- 3.Z. Y. Wu and Y. H. Li, in: Flora Reipublicae Popularis Sinicae, Vol. 50, Science Press, Beijing, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Masao, I. Yasumasa, and M. Shotaro, Tetrahedron Lett., 48, 4203 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.Z. J. Zou, J. S. Yang, and J. H. Ju, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 37, 1303 (2006).Google Scholar
- 10.X. Y. Hao, N. H. Tan, and J. Zhou, Acta Bot. Yunnanica, 22, 81 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Q. Ana, A. D. Maria, and A. R. S. Luciana, Quim. Nova, 6, 1427 (2008).Google Scholar