Alkylation of Phenol And Hydroquinone by Prenol in the Presence of Organoaluminum Catalysts
- 94 Downloads
Prenylphenols and 2,2-dimethylbenzopyrans were synthesized via alkylation of phenol and hydroquinone with prenol in the presence of organoaluminum catalysts, i.e., aluminum phenoxide and isopropoxide. Reaction products were isolated and characterized. Several reaction features were determined.
Keywordsphenol hydroquinone prenol organoaluminum catalysts alkylation
The work was sponsored partially by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Project No. 16-53-00171 Bel_a). Spectral studies were performed using equipment at the Khimiya CCU, Institute of Chemistry, Komi SC, UB, RAS.
- 1.E. Niki, Free Radical Biol. Med., 66, 3 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Mishra, S. Kumar, and A. K. Pandey, Sci. World J., 2013, 1 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.V. K. Ahluwalia, K. K. Arora, and R. S. Jolly, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1, 335 (1982).Google Scholar
- 14.I. Al-Khayat, F. M. Dean, S. N. France, D. A. Matkin, M. O. A. Orabi, M. L. Robinson, R. W. Turner, and R. S. Varma, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1, 1301 (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.I. Yu. Chukicheva, A. A. Koroleva, I. V. Fedorova, and A. V. Kuchin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 434 (6), 768 (2010).Google Scholar
- 19.J. Wang, P. Zhou, and Y. Wang, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 264 (2011).Google Scholar
- 22.E. Pretsch, P. Buhlmann, and C. Affolter, Structure Determination of Organic Compounds, Springer, Berlin, New York, 2000 [Russian translation, BINORM, Laboratoriya Znanii, Moscow, 2006, 412 pp].Google Scholar
- 23.R. M. Silverstein, F. X. Webster, and D. J. Kiemle, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ (2005) [Russian translation, BINORM, Laboratoriya Znanii, Moscow, 2011, 557 pp].Google Scholar