Chemical Constituents of the Whole Plants of Houttuynia cordata
- 143 Downloads
Houttuynia cordata is a member of the Houttuynia genus, which is mainly distributed in the provinces to the south of the Yangtze River in China . Modern pharmacological research on H. cordata has shown that it has multiple biological activities, such as antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, immunomodulatory, antiradiation, and antidiuretic effects [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7].
Twenty-seven compounds were isolated and identified by MS and 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopic analyses. Among them, eight compounds (1–8) were isolated from this plant for the first time. In addition, the in vitro antiviral activities of the isolates against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) were evaluated.
The whole plants of Houttuynia cordataThunb. were provided by Shijiazhuang Yiling Pharmaceutical Co. and authenticated by Dr. Chun-Hua Wang, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. A voucher specimen (No. 20120004CH) was deposited in the Research and Development Center of Traditional Chinese...
KeywordsRespiratory Syncytial Virus Genistein Luteolin Lauric Acid Hyperin
This work was supported financially by the National Natural Science Foundation (No. 81403059), Tianjin Applied Basic and Cutting-edge Technology Research Program (Nos. 13JCZDJC28600 and 13JCYBJC42000), and National Science and Technology Major Projects for “Major New Drugs Innovation and Development” (2015ZX09J15102-004-004).
- 1.Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Flora Reipublicae Popularis Sinicae, Science Press, Beijing, 1982, p. 8.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Yang, J. Q. Li, B. Yang, H. W. Leng, S. Q. He, H. Yu, and N. J. Zhou, Jiangxi Yiyao, 41, 960 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Chen, J. G. Fang, F. J. Wu, C. Y. Shi, M. M. Xiong, and W. Q. Wang, Zhongcaoyao, 45, 284 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Shi and L. B. Ren, Guiyang Zhongyi Xueyuan Xuebao, 20, 61 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Shao, Q. H. Yu, H. Y. Wu, and X. Li, Shenyang Yaoke Daxue Xuebao, 16, 209 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Bao and Z. H. Long, Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Xuekan, 28, 1747 (2010).Google Scholar
- 7.Jiangsu New Medical College, Chinese Dictionary of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai Science and Technology Press, Shanghai, 1986, p. 99.Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Jiang, Y. Lu, Y. Y. Zhang, and D. F. Chen, Nat. Prod. Res., 28, 404 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.Y. S. Chen, X. Y. Lin, L. J. Zhong, J. M. Xie, and Y. H. Zhang, Tianran Chanwu Yanjiu Yukaifa, 23, 1011 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.D. S. Yang, J. C. Yang, Y. P. Yang, X. F. Yang, and X. L. Li, Zhongcaoyao, 45, 3520 (2014).Google Scholar
- 14.Q. Chen, L. J. Wu, and L. J. Ruan, Shenyang Yaoke Daxue Xuebao, 19, 257 (2002).Google Scholar
- 15.J. W. Zhang, H. D. Chen, M. Liao, and Y. H. Zhang, Zhongguo Yaoxue Zazhi, 46, 17 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.F. J. Xi, G. L. Wang, X. Yuan, and X. J. Wu, Tianran Chanwu Yanjiu Yukaifa, 6, 32 (1994).Google Scholar
- 18.C. J. Yuan, J. Wang, S. Chen, S. Luo, and X. M. Xu, Tianran Chanwu Yanjiu Yukaifa, 20, 444 (2008).Google Scholar
- 23.M. Naonori and S. Kaku, United States Patent: 6479198, Publication data: 11.12.2002.Google Scholar