Cardiac glycosides from Strophanthus kombe
- 86 Downloads
Twelve cardiac glycosides and aglycons were isolated from Strophanthus kombe seeds. Of these, eight were identified as cymarin, K-strophanthin-β, K-strophanthoside, periplocymarin, 17α-strophadogenin, erysimin (= helveticoside), erysimoside, and neoglucoerysimoside. Four glycosides, preliminarily designated Sk-x, Sk-y, Sk-z, and Sk-20, were new. Their chemical structures were established as 3β-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-5β,14β,16β-trihydroxy-19-oxo-17α-card-20(22)enolide (17α-strophadogenin-3-O-β-D-glucoside), 3β-O-β-D-cymaropyranosyl-5β,14β,16β-trihydroxy-19-oxo-17α-card-20(22)enolide (17α-strophadogenin-3-O-β-D-cymaroside), 3β-O-β-D-cymaropyranosyl-4′-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-6″-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-5β, 14β,16β-trihydroxy-19-oxo-17α-card-20(22)enolide (17α-strophadogenin-3-O-strophanthotrioside), and 3-O-β-D-digitoxopyranosyl-4′-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-6″-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-5β,14β, 19-trihydroxy-card-20(22)enolide (strophanthidol-3-O-gentiobiosyldigitoxoside), respectively.
Key wordscardenolides cardenolide glycosides Strophanthus kombe separation new cardenolide glycosides 17α-strophadogenin-3-O-β-D-glucoside 17α-strophadogenin-3-O-β-D-cymaroside 17α-strophadogenin-3-O-strophanthotrioside strophanthidol-3-O-gentiobiosyldigitoxoside
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. F. Markarevich, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 508 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.I. F. Makarevich, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 180 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.I. F. Makarevich, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 57 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.I. F. Makarevich, N. V. Kovchanko, Yu. I. Gubin, K. V. Zhuravlev, and T. V. Slyusarskaya, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 724 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.W. A. Jacobs and A. Hoffmann, J. Biol. Chem., 67, 153 (1926).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Blome, A. Katz, and T. Reichstein, Pharm. Acta Helv., 21, 325 (1946).Google Scholar
- 10.F. Kaiser, E. Haack, N. Dolberg, and H. Spingler, Liebigs Ann. Chem., 643, 192 (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.K. B. Jensen and K. Tennoe, J. Pharm. Pharmacol., 7, 334 (1950).Google Scholar
- 12.L. T. Malaya, I. F. Makarevich, N. V. Kovchanko, and Yu. G. Gorb, Cardiac Glycosides [in Russian], Osnova, Khar’kov (1996).Google Scholar