Drawing and studying on histogram
Statistical graphics has three important features -intuition, vivid and lively. It is an important tool in exploratory analysis. Histogram is an important histogram. People can use its intuitionistic images to show the distribution of numbers to get the regularity of data distribution. Histogram is widely used in shape matching, imagine retrieval, feature matching and visual tracking etc. It can be helpful for the subsequent data analysis as well. This paper discusses the mathematical principle, practical principle and the operation method of histogram. Also histograms have been drawn in this article based on data of the Old Faithful Geyser of California. R-project is used to draw the histogram to display the eruption time of Old Faithful. The default histogram of R-project, the probability density compound histogram and multi-interval histogram have been drawn by using R-program and at the meantime, the R-project program and the three imagine results are supplied and the author did the comparative analysis of them.
KeywordsStatistical graphics Histogram Probability density Data R-project
The authors acknowledge the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant: 61375066), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant: 11471051).
- 3.Yang, H.J., Jian, X.Y., Cao, F.Y., et al.: Image retrieval method based on combined Euler vector and edges direction histogram. Pattern Recognit. Artif. Intell. 25(3), 450–455 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Yu, W.S., Hou, Z.Q., Tian, X.H.: Non-rigid object tracking using joint matching of local features. J. Xidian Univ. 41, 183–189 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Rice, J., Learning, C.: Mathematical statistics and data analysis with cd data sets. Math. Gaz. 72(72), 390–391 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Xu, X., Guo, M.Z., Shi, F.L.: The simulation of two peak distribution. J. Yunnan Normal Univ. 33(2), 46–51 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Yu, W.S., Tian, X.H., Hou, Z.Q., et al.: Improved quadratic-form metric for histogram distance measurement. J. Xidian Univ. 42, 161–167 (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.Dalal, Navneet, Triggs, Bill: Histograms of oriented gradients for human detection. IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit. 1, 886–893 (2005)Google Scholar
- 18.Wang, Y., Li, J., Wang, H.H.: Cluster and cloud computing framework for scientific metrology in flow control. Clust. Comput. 1, 1–10 (2017)Google Scholar