Optimal Placement of Multi-Sensor System for Threat Detection
- 2 Downloads
The authors describe the algorithm for underwater threat detection by a system of acoustic sensors and optimization problems for placement of such sensors. Solution methods for such problems are considered and theorem about the asymptotic optimality of sensor placement is proved. The numerical experiments demonstrate that the algorithm outperforms the available mathematical method for optimal sensor placement.
Keywordssensor multi-sensor system algorithm for threat detection optimal sensor placement asymptotic optimality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. Iyer and D. V. Rao, “Genetic algorithm based optimization technique for underwater sensor network positioning and deployment,” in: Proc. IEEE Underwater Technology (UT’15), Chennai, India, February (2015), pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 3.Hua Cheng Bing, Zhao Wei, and Chang Zi Nan, “Underwater acoustic sensor networks deployment using improved self-organize map algorithm,” Cybern. Inform. Technologies, Vol. 14, No. 5, 63–77 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.S. S. Dhillon and K. Chakrabarty, “Sensor placement for effective coverage and surveillance in distributed sensor networks,” Wireless Communications and Networking, Vol. 3, 1609–1614 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Zou and K. Chakrabarty, “Sensor deployment and target localization based on virtual forces,” in: 22nd Annual Joint Conf. of the IEEE Computer and Communications (INFOCOM 2003), IEEE Societies, Vol. 2 (2003), pp. 1293–1303.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Felemban, “Optimal node placement in underwater acoustic sensor network,” Doctoral Dissertation, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, October (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.W. S. Burdic, Underwater Acoustic System Analysis, Prentice Hall, New York (1991).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Wald, Sequential Analysis, Dover Publ. (2013).Google Scholar